I suggest you ...

Enhance the Check Alignment process

The check alignment first of all resets every couple of weeks which drives me crazy. To fix the alignment on the payroll checks is quite easy with printing and inputting the letters. However, aligning checks for vendors becomes annoying with the numbers instead of the letters like payroll. Why do they need to be different? Please make it like the payroll checks.

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JessicaJessica shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found when you align your voucher checks in the app compared to the browser version of QBO, the alignments are different.I would like the printing preferences to be the same. The browser version prints my payroll checks better than the app. I don't get it. Printing voucher checks, same thing. I have to remember to use only one of them for printing either checks.

• TedTed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First check is always off, so print it on blank paper. Print it again on check aligned in QBO at 0,0. This is probably the worst accounting software I've ever used. Not probably...it IS the worst accounting software I've ever used.

• TedTed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Set it at 0,0. Print your check on blank paper. Insert your check and print it again. You will waste a sheet of 20# bond, but have a perfectly aligned check. QuickBooks Online sucks.

• Angela PercivalAngela Percival commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you're trying to set-up check alignment, I shouldn't have to automatically KNOW that it's completely backward from normal thinking!

• ka wolffka wolff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The grid drag does not seem to work. Simply state "a negative number in the horizontal feed will move the data to the right"...or whatever if applicable.

• CherylCheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my case, the print on my vendor checks is perfect and permanent. Not so for my payroll checks! It WAS fine until one of the recent updates when the font changed on payroll checks. The appropriate setting option does not exist for my (intuit) preprinted checks. Why is there a difference for vendor vs. payroll checks? I agree, keep it simple and the same regardless why a check is being printed.
        Possibly offer a template that can be fitted to specific needs by clicking, dragging and saving. I have wasted A LOT of time working on this; time I can't afford to waste but I prefer that my business checks leave the office looking professional. They are a reflection of the business.

• Deborah KempDeborah Kemp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ix the check alignment please. We have preprinted checks and would like to use them instead of QB ones. Vendor checks work fine! So do the payroll check just like the vendor one, please.

Allow the user to choose which fields to print on checks.

-Such as CHEQUE NUMBER, which do not come preprinted in the upper right hand corner in Canada.

-Move alignment of EACH field individually so my checks don't look all mangled like QBO prints them (Canada has only one check printer, so this can't be too hard to implement to make our checks line up properly)

-Add the word DOLLARS to the end of the amount words and the DOLLAR SIGN to the amount.

Currently I need to use a PDF editor to convert to a word document to add all the missing pieces QBO doesn't print.

For a good example of customization, please see Sage Accounting Canada (formerly Simply Accounting). They have check printing right.

• AnitaAnita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very annoying, and wasteful, that the alignment resets so frequently.

All in one WORKING Check Print/aAlignment on QBO. Something that works first and secondly so alignment for paroll checks also aligns your regular vender checks. If many companies have different styles for payroll and vender then give us a check box if we want the same for both like you do in shipping/billing
        Thanks
        Burt

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check printing set up... be able to create a custom alignment for the right-hand side as you have for the left-hand side, to enable users to align a standard #9 double window envelope for check so the written amount does not appear in the return address window.

• Brian KingBrian King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current system of aligning is pretty terrible. The concept of moving a grid that represents a piece of paper is not intuitive at all. There are so many ways they could do this better:

Scan a check, it does optical recognition to estimate where things should go. Drag to adjust.

Print multiple alignment guides (like, six) per page. Rather than line up the whole piece of paper, we can line up corners of check vouchers to corner lines printed on the guide. This could save a ton of paper.

• JustinJustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have quick books online and I need to be able to custom align each line of my printable checks instead of having all the lines move together at the same rate. For example, the written and numerical amounts align correctly on my printable checks but the memo line and all subsequent lines are printing too low on my voucher checks.

• VladVlad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QA cheque printing. Mine don't fit properly. Also please include the wallet cheque option.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base