I suggest you ...

price level list

We are a shop that has wholesale/retail price levels. The default price when editing an item is retail. To edit the wholesale price, currently I have to go to Lists -> Price Level List. I then open our custom wholesale price level, where I have to MANUALLY SCROLL through EVERY SINGLE ITEM, active or inactive, to find the item whose wholesale price I want to edit. We have thousands of inventory items. Calculating wholesale prices on a flat % rate over cost or under retail is not an option for us.

It would be much more elegant if I had the ability to edit different price levels for an item in the "Edit Item" window that comes up when double clicking on an item in the item list. You could have a separate field under the "Sale Price" field along with a pop-up menu to select the different price levels. Or another button on the top right of the "Edit Item" window for setting prices on different price levels in a different window. This would allow me to do change is 1/10 of the time.

979 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nathanael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes i am in the same situation, multiple fixed price tiers are a must! not just a % discount as each item has different mark up. Please hopefully someone is listening!! :)

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the program! but need some additions to complete the system.

Please enable a check box on the side of the product and services so we can mass delete items. i have around 400 items i wish to delete that are wrong and i cannot do this unless i delete one at a time. this is extremely slow. i can import in two mins but deleting can take many many hours which cost us money.

Next can you please add multi level or pricing tiers. These are to be fixed price that we can then import with the products template. % discount does not work as different parts have different profit margins. 3-5 price tiers that can be imported as pre-entered amount per item would be great. Makes it easy to see how cheap you can go before ripping yourself off as we dont know the product cost when we are doing a quote. Price Tiers will help as we know what tier we can quote safely. And integrating it with the import template will make very fast to add. Dear inventory has a similar system. Although they are extremely slow.

In the tablet version we can search for a product by either name or description. In the web based version its name only, this makes it hard when part numbers are used in names and you dont know the number of hand.

Part no. And SKU whould also be a great addition in the future. although for the meantime we can work around by usinig the SKU or part no in the Name column

If this product can do the above i will stick with it and already have many others looking to make the switch to QBO if it can handle what i have requested.

Thank you for your time and support

Regards
        Michael
        Team QuickBitz

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be able to have multiple price lists and associate price list with customers. Price list should also be able to be denominated in whatever currency one chooses. For example, if I have US clients, I should be able to create a US Price List denominated in US funds.

Our company focus on wholesale business, need to set up Same product whit the different price for different customer from different Province. Right now we need to input the price when created invoice every time. We really want the quickbook online plus can create this new serviec---price level. It should be awesome and we will appreciate for that!

• Steve Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to change all prices in the Products and Services list by a percentage. Not having this option is a major inconvenience for my business.

• mattheww2013 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to be able to tag every customer I have as being either a "wholesale or retail" customer, each account buys at a different price point due to discounts based on the customers profile i.e: retail customers pay full retail, wholesale customers pay at two different discount levels (distributors at 55% off retail and dealers at 50% off retail). In the old QB I could assign a discount percentage to every customer profile and the program automatically entered the correct discount based on that customers profile set. QB Online does not have this important feature so we have to manually key in every single price for all wholesale orders. Wholesale orders can have hundreds of line items and having to manually key in every discount increases order entry time enormously, almost making the use of QB Online an enormous chore and error prone. Many times we find ourselves going back and using our old version of QB because orders can be written up ten times faster with no errors. I can't believe my business is the only business with this problem, there must be thousands of businesses that have multiple price points for the same sku. Creating separate sku numbers for each price point is not acceptable solution either (this was recommended by a QB Online tech support person). Please fix this enormous problem.

Quickbooks Online should have the ability to have different price levels and income accounts for use cases pertaining to companies that retail and wholesale products.

Price Levels/ Price Groups!!! Inventory is easier to track if we are able to have price groups! and can change them on the invoice depending on the customer. Or by having the customer be in a price group.

• rodriguezsnax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see QB add a feature that recalls special pricing per customer. I don't mean a general discount per invoice but rather a different price PER product or item. This is one feature we are currently very interested in obtaining and would be greatly beneficial for our company!

-inventory functionality for mobile app (add bills with inventory items and edit products and services)

-pricing classes for different customers allowing pricing of items to be specific to customer while maintaining a single inventory.

On the inventory tracking and pricing there's no way a merchant can have both retail and wholesale prices. I suggest a column be added to the inventory list (between the "Price" and "quantity") so that a merchant can have one column for the retail prices and the other column for wholesale prices. Right now I have to either omit the price of an item all together, or change the price manually depending on whether I'm selling retail or wholesale.

• jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Special Prices or Discounts for Customers.
        For Example: Customer A receives 5% on Product 1 and 10% on Product 2 and 20% on Product 3 - and so on ...

I need to have have multiple Price Levels for my Items as we sell to different customer bands, for example Distributor, Merchant and Retail.

• Jerry Powell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have different pricing for products I sell my customers. Please add the ability to set up individual customer pricing on QBO.

• tlheah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement Customer Specific Pricing / Tiered Pricing in Quickbooks Online

• tyson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of working on cosmetics or trying to add new features to QBO, first try to focus on just catching up with the functionality of QB desktop. We have switched to QBO from QB desktop and found it SO much more limited, it really makes us second guess our switch. The latest thing is I found out that there is no way to use the price level list feature that QB desktop had on QBO. This is such a hassle for us! Please add that! Right now we have to manually calculate every mark up on every item on every invoice to every customer. it looks unprofessional and takes too long.

• Priscilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Price Levels are a must, your missing out on a major feature that would entice clients to QBO

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Inventory

Feedback and Knowledge Base