I suggest you ...

price level list

We are a shop that has wholesale/retail price levels. The default price when editing an item is retail. To edit the wholesale price, currently I have to go to Lists -> Price Level List. I then open our custom wholesale price level, where I have to MANUALLY SCROLL through EVERY SINGLE ITEM, active or inactive, to find the item whose wholesale price I want to edit. We have thousands of inventory items. Calculating wholesale prices on a flat % rate over cost or under retail is not an option for us.

It would be much more elegant if I had the ability to edit different price levels for an item in the "Edit Item" window that comes up when double clicking on an item in the item list. You could have a separate field under the "Sale Price" field along with a pop-up menu to select the different price levels. Or another button on the top right of the "Edit Item" window for setting prices on different price levels in a different window. This would allow me to do change is 1/10 of the time.

979 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nathanael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sergio Delgado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd love to see QB memorize custom or special pricing for particular customers!! This would be a great feature. Eventhough we have our PRODUCTS list, there are some customers with special prices that we currently need to change EVERY time! It would greatly save us alot of time and momey!

• seanbfp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Price levels for different prices for the same item to different customers

• dispatcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setting price levels by product and customer.

We have different customers that pay different, negotiated prices for the same products. We would like to be able to set these prices so amount entry is automated.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the option for price levels on products! I charge different prices based on my various customers.

• jpdistributing4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have individual inventory options for each customer. Even through our products are the same the pricing for each customer is different. It would be great to be able to have a list for each customer that we can click on and populate and invoice without having to keeping going into the customer sales history to find each product and find the price that particular customer paid. I think a feature like this would be great for users who do not have generic pricing yet have recurring customers.

Thank you

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I add my vote to this one. Would be really helpful to have tiered sales price options for the reasons identified by others.

Enable QBO to have different prices for product. Any Wholesale/Distribution company may sell either to different kind of customers applying different prices. It cannot be based on a % general discount rule.

• eyeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Tiered Pricing Level for customer just like that of Quickbooks desktop version

• rodriguezsnax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also a great disadvantage for our company, same issue as previous company. We lose alot of time in changing costs PER customer PER invoice.

• ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom Pricing!!!
        Be able to add custom pricing groups that can be applied to customers, just like desktop! (pretty please... :)

Hi we need the option to break a single product up by multiple price points. We currently enter each price as a separate product but this doesn't allow us to track inventory efficiently. Another option would be to allow sub-products to be counted within the inventory of the parent product.
        Thank you!

Hi we need the option to break a single product up by multiple price points. We currently enter each price as a separate product but this doesn't allow us to track inventory efficiently. Another option would be to allow sub-products to be counted within the inventory of the parent product.
        Thank you!

We REALLY need to be able to sell the same item at two different price points and be able to accurately track inventory... HELP!! This must be possible, but all the research I'm doing says it isn't. I know we aren't the only business who needs to do this. Suggestions??

• lucymilesdoxie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Price levels for individual doctors. It is on the desk top under settings but not on online!

Discounts need to show as % not dollar amount. Desk top has % and does the calculations for you!

• Big Bear Tools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Included with this would be the ability to tag a customer as Retail or Dealer.

This is a standard requirement for any Wholesaler company. We have a price for our dealers, and then we have a MSRP.

• Big Bear Tools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add another Price field to the Product form, so that we may list our price for Dealers, and our price for Retail customers. (We have two different types of customer!) Thanks.

• ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pricing Tiers for Customers - QB online needs to have the ability to apply a pricing tier to different clients. This pricing list would make it so that when you create an invoice, then apply a certain customer to the invoice, that customners pricing will automatically apply to each item. QB stores items and item cost, if the customer had a set pricing tier / or mark up percentage, then QB would automatically populate the accurate pricing!

When an item cost changes (such as a vendor price increase) it would save a ton of time if changing the price when a bill is received would pop up a dialog box that asked if I want to permanently change the price of the item. Our old bookkeeping system had this feature and I really miss it.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Inventory

Feedback and Knowledge Base