I suggest you ...

price level list

We are a shop that has wholesale/retail price levels. The default price when editing an item is retail. To edit the wholesale price, currently I have to go to Lists -> Price Level List. I then open our custom wholesale price level, where I have to MANUALLY SCROLL through EVERY SINGLE ITEM, active or inactive, to find the item whose wholesale price I want to edit. We have thousands of inventory items. Calculating wholesale prices on a flat % rate over cost or under retail is not an option for us.

It would be much more elegant if I had the ability to edit different price levels for an item in the "Edit Item" window that comes up when double clicking on an item in the item list. You could have a separate field under the "Sale Price" field along with a pop-up menu to select the different price levels. Or another button on the top right of the "Edit Item" window for setting prices on different price levels in a different window. This would allow me to do change is 1/10 of the time.

979 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nathanael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        We have different channel sales prices, upon trying to set up the system we were shocked to find that QBO isn't supporting multiple price levels yet, this isn't a feature; it's a core function, not having it deems the platform unusable to us.
        Awaiting Intuit's ETA for this to be fixed ASAP
        Thanks!

• Tim Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO,

I'm a reseller of products, I've got loads of products to upload and manage and many have buying price-breaks e.g. the buying price for say, 10 units of a products is different to the buying price for 100 units.

But I can only load 1 price on a product!

This means I have to keep separate buying price lists and manually input them into purchases orders and this takes loads of time for what is a repetitive job that should be automated.

Please add the facility to store multiple buying prices for the same product based on different quantities purchased and make these auto fill on purchase orders.

The same feature could then be rolled out to sales prices.

Lastly different buying and selling prices should then be recordable for the same product but if purchased from different suppliers, but recordable price breaks on purchase prices is the priority.

Anagram Software's Encore does this very well!

• Progressive Grower Technologies Inc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to enter Customer Type as in desktop QuickBooks. We have multiple customers and Dealers with various price breaks. I would like the price on the invoice to reflect that without the 'discount' box showing the break each time. Plus we don't have to remember who has what break; it's pre-programed like the sales tax rate.

• Megan Ong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PRICE LEVEL
        1. We have items that are priced differently depending on customers. We need to capability of categorising these items' pricing according to customers, so we do not have to always change the price manually when creating new invoices.

I was trying to edit my price lists and I was informed you don't have that capability!! That is crazy! I should sell a retail customer the same price as a wholesale customer or a distributor customer? This should be standard and totally unacceptable you don't have this very basic function

• info@amybradleydesigns.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please I would like to make two requests for new features for Quickbooks Online

1. Price Levels for Different Customers, being able to classify them as distributor, wholesale, retail with the invoices being populated based on their classification

2. Inventory Assembly for products like you can create in QB desktop premier manufacturing edition, that was so helpful for my business

Thank you!!

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our company we charge different customers different prices based on deals made and size of orders.

We have dozens of regular customers and hundreds of products, and it would be very difficult for us to keep track of individual prices and knowing who gets charged what. We could possibly go with “Product – Customer X”, “Product – Customer Y”, etc. but that would be awkward to keep updated. Especially if we increase all our prices by a certain percentage (as we will be doing in the next few weeks).

We’re currently using a piece of software called Avanti and one of their helpful features is that in an invoice once we fill in the product line a box pops up which shows the previous prices we charged that customer. See attached screenshot.

Please add price levels for individual customers, My employees need to be able to charge clients without the worry of overcharging as each client pays a different rate.

Add price levels that can be tied to either an item (so various prices for retail, wholesale, distributor are allowed) or to a customer (so negotiated discounts can be paired to a customer). Currently I can only note the discount rate in the notes field which I don't see while creating the invoice, etc.

Please add price levels similar to the desktop wholesale & manufacturing edition.

• kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to set up pricing rules for customers such as wholesale pricing vs. retail pricing.

• Dustin New commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a way to set customer specific prices. I know you can do this for "services" but that doesn't make any sense for me, because each service price is different for each client. For example, John smith Lawn Service is $65 every time, so i should be able to have that set in stone when I create an invoice for John every time.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree!!!! I found the same thing happening here and really disgust it!

• Teresa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic function in any business. I'm frankly very surprised that such a necessary option was overlooked. Any business that has more than one customer will need this list. If you deal with both retail and wholesale, I do not need to describe why this is an imperative function. Any time that I may have gained in switching to Quickbooks Online was more than lost with the loss of this function.

• jsilva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to enter custom pricing per customer would be a HUGE improvement. Please consider adding this feature ASAP!!!!

• paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with some of the other comments. QBO has short-comings compared with the desktop version. I question my having switched. I've lost a lot of features that I used to use.

PLEASE add option for different price levels within a product, or sub-products like in QB. I charge several different prices for an item: retail, wholesale, distributor, broker, etc and am changing the price by hand every time I invoice. can't do different SKUs and still keep track of inventory. seems like a very basic feature for accounting software.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Inventory

Feedback and Knowledge Base