I suggest you ...

price level list

We are a shop that has wholesale/retail price levels. The default price when editing an item is retail. To edit the wholesale price, currently I have to go to Lists -> Price Level List. I then open our custom wholesale price level, where I have to MANUALLY SCROLL through EVERY SINGLE ITEM, active or inactive, to find the item whose wholesale price I want to edit. We have thousands of inventory items. Calculating wholesale prices on a flat % rate over cost or under retail is not an option for us.

It would be much more elegant if I had the ability to edit different price levels for an item in the "Edit Item" window that comes up when double clicking on an item in the item list. You could have a separate field under the "Sale Price" field along with a pop-up menu to select the different price levels. Or another button on the top right of the "Edit Item" window for setting prices on different price levels in a different window. This would allow me to do change is 1/10 of the time.

979 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nathanael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when this is going to be a feature? Our eCommerce system cannot talk to QBO until this has been added.

• Michelle Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You responded Feb 2016 that this was planned. It is almost a year later. What is the status of this feature? Many of us can't use qb online without this feature.

• Dan Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would prefer to move to QB Online but require this basic capability. I have contacted QB multiple times over multiple years - I am I the only one requesting these features? Surely not. Is anyone listening? Help.

I read that you have prioritized this, but it has been almost a year. So easy to make mistakes without this multiple price choice. I am waiting.... I have put 2 to 4 of the same item in with different prices--but the staff makes mistakes, costing us money. Need soon.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need this feature. I would think that most companies charge (give discounts) customers based on volume or negotiated terms. This is done by item or item class not by invoice as margins are different

What's the progress on this? Been a year since posted as planned but haven't heard anything since then.

• Martha Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely a needed fix. I have a client that has dozens of rates specific to clients because they've been in business for so many years.

• mandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 1000's of customers and product/services, it's insane to actually have to do this for each individual item! We increase our prices by 2% every year, which means every January now I have to spend a month increasing ALL of our prices manually. That's ridiculous.

• JENNIFER KLEMISCH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to create different sales prices for each item, and assign a customer to that sales group.

For example:
        Item A:
        Standard Price: $36
        Group A: $30
        Group B: $28
        Group C: $20

Customer 1: Standard
        Customer 2: Group A
        Customer 3: Standard
        Customer 4: Group C
        etc.

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In many cases we base our price to our customer off of manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP). It would be so much more helpful to have 3 fields, List Price, Our Cost and Our Sell Price. We've been using a 'work around' for a long time but it's getting harder with more suppliers. Please consider. We need to be able to "mark down" from MSRP - as well as "mark up" from our cost.

Please add the ability to set pricing rates by customer! It is very important and a huge time drain on our invoicing system without it.

Awaiting an ETA on this. QBO is not a feasible platform for our company w/o price level lists

I have to increase my prices, which will apply to new engagements (I'm in the service industry) but will not apply to engagements with existing clients. I would like to apply the old price level to the existing clients and have the new standard price level apply to incoming clients so the right hourly rate shows up on the bill and is calculated in the income tracker

What's the ETA on this thing? I'm making people use excel sheets for multiple price levels

• Bertram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please look into developing the function for price rates to fixed as wholesale/retail/other,etc. whereby different prices for the same product item can simply be selected via a drop window; similarly to how the tax rates can be adjusted and or selected. This additional flexibility will allow for a more user friendly yet controlled operation of the software, keeping in mind that multiple employees access and sell products at various locations. At the very least it limits the room for there to be excessive discrepancies in pricing of products sold, thank you.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Inventory

Feedback and Knowledge Base