I suggest you ...

price level list

We are a shop that has wholesale/retail price levels. The default price when editing an item is retail. To edit the wholesale price, currently I have to go to Lists -> Price Level List. I then open our custom wholesale price level, where I have to MANUALLY SCROLL through EVERY SINGLE ITEM, active or inactive, to find the item whose wholesale price I want to edit. We have thousands of inventory items. Calculating wholesale prices on a flat % rate over cost or under retail is not an option for us.

It would be much more elegant if I had the ability to edit different price levels for an item in the "Edit Item" window that comes up when double clicking on an item in the item list. You could have a separate field under the "Sale Price" field along with a pop-up menu to select the different price levels. Or another button on the top right of the "Edit Item" window for setting prices on different price levels in a different window. This would allow me to do change is 1/10 of the time.

979 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nathanael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tomi Danska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For an otherwise superb product this is a glaring omission. While I can work around this for a while, it increases the amount of manual work needed, i.e. precisely the opposite of what an accountancy software should do. In addition, the risk of incorrect pricing is prevalent even for a small scale business like mine, and is likely to become a deal breaker soon.

I look forward to this fix, even if for a premium price, as I rate QB Online highly at large, and look forward to the good news in the near future!

• Nick La Porta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide an update on when the price level feature will be available, it is a deal breaker for many companies & should have been implemented from the first release of QBO.

• carin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too want to express my feeling that this functionality needs to be available now. Update please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These 2 features are pretty basic. Why on earth would you remove these as features?

I have just updated a customer to QB Essentials Plus and they are now wanting to go back to the desktop because price levels are not available. They are VITAL to their business model and, with so a few thousand items, a workaround just isn't good enough.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They are not going to do it for us. Look how many people are asking in disbelief that a critical feature like this be implemented. It is not by accident that it is missing. It has been many years that they could have added this feature, and they have decided that they do not want us to have it regardless of the many thousands of users crying out for it. Utterly ridiculous, and beyond comprehension that it is not part of this program. And a slap in the face of the paying customers that use this avenue to address their grievances only to be ignored and dismissed with no credible explanations to be offered. If we ran our business like this we would be out of business. They treat us this way because they know they have us by the scruff of our necks.

• B. Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a QBO Accountant and I have recently converted several clients to QBO from QB Premier. I have to convert one of them back to QB Premier due to the fact that they don't have price levels. Very frustrating.

I'll be using QB Desktop until price levels are added to online. I prefer online all else being equal, so am eager to adopt QBO.

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any update on the status of this critical feature?

• Steve Aspland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it has to stay as is, a bigger window would be much better to work with as well as the ability to not show inactive products.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intuit has no plan to offer this feature. There is no way it takes years to include this critical functionality. Not having this feature is unimaginable. They just do not care to include this feature.

• Allan Yau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to know when this feature is available.
        On the desktop version I have different price levels which I associate to specific customers. Without that feature I will not be paying the yearly subscription when I already have everything on my desktop version and only paid a one time fee to purchase the software.

We have 6 price level lists which have a different discount level applied which we have set up on QB desktop. We would need the same on QBO in order to move to online version.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Inventory

Feedback and Knowledge Base