I suggest you ...

Fast Pay Discounts - Bill Payment auto Suggest Discount and Application

When paying bills, the fast pay date should be taken into account so you can fast pay bills with a discount. That discount would ideally be added to the bill when paid (or an auto suggest discount feature like the desktop version)

126 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a software with the perceived integrity that Intuit has it is unthinkable to me that an automated early pay discount feature is not added to the online version. The very reason to purchase the online version is to simplify and be portable. This is an essential feature that seems odd to be left out. Additionally, while I am ranting, why no ability to create a PO from the IOS version. Again another essential basic item left out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to track discounts from vendors for other reasons - bulk discounts, promotional discounts, etc.

• Bonnie Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty disappointed QBO does not have the discount feature like the desktop version. Most all vendors offer early discounts and the round about way we have to enter a discount does not reflect on the bill payment stub

• Abdul Manan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a most common and be used on daily basis. i dont know why quickbooks is not getting it in QBO.

Disappointed with quickbooks.

I see this has been flagged since 2012, cannot believe it is still not fixed. this is standard.. I have a client with over 50 suppliers on which they can take discount, which means I either have to adjust every invoice(hundreds a year) or raise at least 50 credits a month for discount. just not acceptable.

• Rod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The desktop version had a very simple and effective method for applying discounts when paying bills. QB online should have a similar streamlined method when paying bills.

our purchase bill suppliers giving a discount but we can't show the discount in our entry any solution for this

• Steve Bourns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this still not an option in Quickbooks Online? It seems they don't care about those of us who try to pay our bills early and save some money!

• Cliff Vick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Um, it's 2017 and this still doesn't seem to be available in Quick Books Online -- WTF, QB?

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NEED THIS!!! As much as we pay and this day in age--this should not be so difficult!!!

• Janet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please have the option to use a percentage if paid within a certain time frame in "TERMS" under Supplier set up

• Randy Ramhoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have using discounts from our vendors and offering discounts to our customers for the 30+ years we have been in business. And I know for a fact that the companies I worked for always used and negotiated discount terms as a normal way of doing business.

This is something that is very common in the business world and for QB to not have this as a standard part of the invoicing and purchasing part of the system is archaic.

We don't have time to make an entry on every invoice and Vendor Payment receipt and enter another line and then make adjustments.

The choice has to be available at the time we receive payment. Each customer is different in when THEY CHOOSE to take the discount or not. We had 2 GL Acct... Discounts taken and Discounts Given against income or COG (cost of goods), depending on sales or purchases.

• ZMstokes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the desktop version, applying a discount when paying bills was extremely easy and it had it's own field. This needs to be fixed. Why would this have been left out of the online version?

• Steven Latasa-Nicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why I can setup payment terms with discount but the system won't process the discount when I make a payment. This seems like a big miss to me.

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base