I suggest you ...

Automatic Late Fee's and/or Finance Charges

EVERYONE wants / needs this. Why is this not done yet... Also make it so we don't need to interact with it. Its so much easier just being able to tell a customer "Well, the computer did it." It would also help remove favoritism. I have a tendency to overlook some accounts for the people that I like.

1,655 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

244 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. This is the only accounts receivable software I've ever used that doesn't allow finance charge calculation at month end. Also it would be nice if statements could be run at one time rather than per customer.

• amatoslawncareamatoslawncare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to assess finance charges on overdue accounts immediately before sending statements, you should not have to invoice each account separately for finance charges!

I've sent in several messages about this. Can Quickbooks please acknowledge this and let me know if this is in the works. Thanks

• Ryan MalekRyan Malek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to request the features of automatically sending late notices on overdue invoices, as well as automatically calculating and adding a late fee to said notices. This would be a very helpful feature.

Thank you.

• michelemichele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need QuickBooks Online to calculate and add interest to client accounts that are past due. There should be a way to enter the interest rate and options to automatically or manually add each month.

I was surprised that QB Desktop has an automatic late fee charge but QB online does not. It would be great if this was added!

• Bobbie WallaceBobbie Wallace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've been waiting YEARS for this simple accounting function to show up. The desktop version already has this; surely it can't be THAT hard to add it to QBO! We are losing a LOT of money by not being able to add interest to outstanding invoices. Not to mention making clients lackadaisical about paying us off since interest isn't added.

Charge late fees when the due date of the invoice has been surpassed. Automatically send reminders of upcoming due date and automatically send renewed invoice once date has been passed.

• koelkerxkoelkerx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AUTOMATIC FINANCE CHARGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping there are plans to add ability to calculate & assess finance charges for customers on QBO in the future. Thank you.

Add a feature to add finance charges easily instead of having to create a new invoice to finance charge a customer with overdue balance.

• allthingslandscapellcallthingslandscapellc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to add a charge of a presentage 3% of total bill. or 9% of one item all automaticly with out having to manually calculate and enter the fee.

• cherylcheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to add late fees to customer unpaid invoices based on a percentage of invoice. Similar to what can be done in QBD.

Feedback and Knowledge Base