I suggest you ...

Automatic Late Fee's and/or Finance Charges

EVERYONE wants / needs this. Why is this not done yet... Also make it so we don't need to interact with it. Its so much easier just being able to tell a customer "Well, the computer did it." It would also help remove favoritism. I have a tendency to overlook some accounts for the people that I like.

1,807 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

247 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • james galvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finance charges need to be able to be assessed. it is completely ridiculous that this function is not included in your soft ware. you cannot expect someone to scroll through over 1000 invoices and manually figure the charges.

IF this is not updated i will be taking my business elsewhere.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finance Charges!!! Having to figure finance charges is such a pain! Please let this feature be the next one you add!! This will save so much time!! Thanks!!

• accounts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the option to add an interest rate to overdue invoices of our choosing. I would love to be able to have the automatic creation of a 2% interest on some of our accounts over our Net 30 day terms. Some of our customers have worked out agreements with us to not be charged the 2% interest, so I would like to be able to choose which invoices will or will not be subject to 2% interest on overdue invoices.

• Eric Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out how to add an automatic late fee to my overdue invoices. After some research, I see other people want the same thing, but QBO does not offer it at this time.

Can the developers PLEASE come up with a way to add automatic late fees once the terms (such as NET 30) are reached?

There would also need to be a place at the bottom of the invoice where it says the terms and what the late fees are.

Thanks!
        Eric

It would REALLY great to have a feature to automatically charge a late fee for unpaid invoices. I know that you can manually do this, but we have 100+ unpaid invoices currently and so adding late fees would be time consuming and inconsistent. There should be a way to add a penalty and have the system keep track of it.

This sounds like something simple, every other company in the world has software to due this. We all see it on our personal monthly bills. QBO users really need this feature.

Ability to mark invoices as overdue and automatically add the set interest rate for overdue items.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To everyone looking for a solution to this, we just signed up with invoicesherpa. Its an app that works with quickbooks. Can help you tackle receivables, apply late charges and fees automatically, schedule reminder emails, calls, etc. They also accept a variety of payment methods. For the price, its a great service.

• rishi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What does this mean FINANCE CHARGE? Not sure how engineers are suppose to understand this.. Isn't finance charges and bank fees already handled at the end of reconciliations?

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base