I suggest you ...

Automatic Late Fee's and/or Finance Charges

EVERYONE wants / needs this. Why is this not done yet... Also make it so we don't need to interact with it. Its so much easier just being able to tell a customer "Well, the computer did it." It would also help remove favoritism. I have a tendency to overlook some accounts for the people that I like.

1,655 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

244 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You got to be kidding - QB on line doesn't allow for automatically assessing late fees...QB desktop allows it and you can literally accomplish it in minutes....we have a large customer base over 2000 customers....if i stay with the on-line version I will be married to my computer.....what an oversight

Good Bye QB On Line - back to the desk top version..............

• sarah vasssarah vass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see QBO have the option to automatically assess interest on all invoices that are overdue instead of having to go in and manually create invoices for interest on overdue amounts.

• terrynygren@sasktel.netterrynygren@sasktel.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an accountant and a ProAdvisorI have tried this online version of QuickBooks and done the basic ProAdvisor Online course and have following comments
        I don't see it working for many of my clients because
        A It does not have an automatically generated transaction number that is integral to each entry
        B It does not convert payroll employee data from the desktop version to online. It seems the payroll module is an afterthought rather than an essential part of the software. And you currently have a major error when calculating CPP deductions that is really frustrating and surprising
        C It does not have an automated finance charge calculator for assessing finance charges which is an essential part of receivables. Manual calculation of finance charges is really time consuming

Anyway I hope these comments help a bit. I think you are overselling this software as a business software when it is more in the Quicken class

• Warren WilsonWarren Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely agree with this concept, It is causing our company a problem. that we never had before and it would be nice to have it the way it was in the desktop version

• Patrick FabianPatrick Fabian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed! I am not sure why they are so reluctant to introduce this feature when I'm there are so many people that are requesting it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to automatically charge interest to overdue accounts / invoices on the online version of QuickBooks.

• ericaerica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI,

We really need an automatic "late fee" /"finance Charge" for overdue bills.

also: A line total, for the number of items sold/quantity.

Thank you !!!!

• EmilyEmily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a finance charge on invoices option! This is important for my clients who own businesses and need to keep up with their invoicing

• EugeneEugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create the option to automatically add late fees to existing recurring invoices.

This would work by letting me setup a late fee schedule (for example, if invoice is unpaid after 30 days, add x% of balance or a flat fee to next invoice )

I see many users giving this feedback but there are always very few votes (I vote for them!) and not well explained. Hopefully we can come together and all vote for this one so it rises to the top of QuickBooks priority list.

• james galvinjames galvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finance charges need to be able to be assessed. it is completely ridiculous that this function is not included in your soft ware. you cannot expect someone to scroll through over 1000 invoices and manually figure the charges.

IF this is not updated i will be taking my business elsewhere.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finance Charges!!! Having to figure finance charges is such a pain! Please let this feature be the next one you add!! This will save so much time!! Thanks!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base