I suggest you ...

Automatic Late Fee's and/or Finance Charges

EVERYONE wants / needs this. Why is this not done yet... Also make it so we don't need to interact with it. Its so much easier just being able to tell a customer "Well, the computer did it." It would also help remove favoritism. I have a tendency to overlook some accounts for the people that I like.

1,661 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

244 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quickbooks online NEEDS to have the ability to automatically add finance charges to past due accounts. This is an important feature of the desktop version. My accountants are spending hours every month manually calculating finance charges for our account and for our clients.

• Jake WillerJake Willer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quickbooks online should have a place on the invoice for late fee charges or interest to be added. It would also be nice if there were some type of overdue invoice letters that say that the interest/late fees will now be applied if not paid in full.

• Dirty Nails LLCDirty Nails LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stating that it is available in a third party app that has a minimum charge of $19.00 per month is not acceptable. With QBO we already pay a hefty $33.00+ monthly. This is a basic accounting function for business owners and should be available in QBO as it is available in desktop version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow it is quite pathetic that people have been requesting this feature for years and QB has not made this happen yet. This is a BASIC business transaction Intuit! I am tired of waiting and like others I think the time has come to look elsewhere.

• Viki StoddenViki Stodden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since this isn't an option and Intuit has made no indication that it will be a possibility, we need to look for different software that does this, does anyone have any recommendations on what would be a good replacement? Thanks

• Stephan CaveltiStephan Cavelti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get a response on this please, need to know if its in the works. Otherwise I need to look for a different system

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to assess finance charges on late invoices

• David AppelDavid Appel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is so important. PLEASE create an auto late fee / interest process for late payment invoices. I was VERY surprised that Online does not have this like the desktop version. The great auto email invoicing process has now been minimized because I will have to enter these all manually. . . . ouch. PLEASE fix this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base