I suggest you ...

Automatic Late Fee's and/or Finance Charges

EVERYONE wants / needs this. Why is this not done yet... Also make it so we don't need to interact with it. Its so much easier just being able to tell a customer "Well, the computer did it." It would also help remove favoritism. I have a tendency to overlook some accounts for the people that I like.

1,801 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

247 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • integrityinv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QB Online needs to have an option to assess finance charges to past due invoices like the desktop version does!

• MARGARETA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ARE THERE ANY PLANS FOR A WAY TO CALCULATE AND ADD IN FINANCE CHARGES ONTO OUR CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need this. We can save significant $ if we don't need to have someone do this manually every month.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone know if they are going to add this feature to the online version?

• Ken Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, EVERYONE needs this feature - it is critical to doing business in today's financial climate. NOTE: Some customers legitimately should not be charged late fees (construction retentions, etc.). Have a flag in the customer file to show whether this customer should be automatically charged late fees or not.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why wouldn't a complete accounting system, not have a function where late charges and interest is automatically added to late customers? In QB desktop versions there is that option but not in QB online. This is a major mistake on Intuits part. This needs to be corrected as soon as possible.

• DK the Genius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have different late fees and interest charges for different clients. Whenever this feature is implemented, I would appreciate if this criteria should be kept in mind.

• Amy C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do the same as DK: contract at the start of the school year, and parents get charged a percentage fee on late payments. It would be great if I didn't have to calculate and enter that manually.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look into Late Fee Manager it's an app it might work for you?

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look into Late Fee Mananger it's an app that works with QBOE and desk top.

• Ken Massey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You alread have a "%Discount" area at the bottom of an invoice, how about adding a "%surchage" or "%penalty charge" field.

• Craig J Johanneck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was completely shocked when I discovered that finance charges were not automaticly computed, seems it should be a given. Very time consuming making new invoices for the delinquent haha.

• Sterling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Critical feature from desktop version that's been missing for years on online version.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base