I suggest you ...

Allow users to void/delete an old paycheck.

Currently you cannot delete or void an old paycheck unless you delete all the paychecks written to that employee after that check. Then you have to reenter each check.

111 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Audrey GruberAudrey Gruber shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christopher StrandChristopher Strand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I am needing to re-enter 5 months of payroll due to the limited ability to delete erroneous payroll. I be very grateful to have the ability to delete old paychecks or modify the details of those checks if there was an error. All other transactions in Quickbooks are very flexible. Why not payroll?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the first time I've run into this. Wasn't even a mistake that created the need to void a check. There are lots of reasons this would be needed. Deleting all subsequent checks and re-entering them is not a good option for many accounting reasons.

• TheresaTheresa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I had a problem too last week. I decided to not go back and delete all those paychecks since that time. It's too easy to make mistakes, and I had already done the w2-s, etc. Quickbooks desktop is a lot better than the online version for payroll.

• Barbara MillsBarbara Mills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am just trying to close out the end of the year and have a payroll check that was issued 5 months ago that wasn't cashed. I called QBO payroll and explained the situation and that we could delete of void the check. They refused! So now I have to go back through and delete each check and then reenter the ones I want. I say either use QB desktop of use another payroll service.

Feedback and Knowledge Base