I suggest you ...

scan in or upload images of receipts or vendor invoices and ability to click on an icon in the vendor register or reports & see the image

Have the ability to upload vendor receipts and invoices and attach it them to a record. Then have the ability in vendor register or any reports ran ie profit & loss, etc you can click on an icon and it would show an image of the invoice or receipt in a small pop up window.

279 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott Simpson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to Partner with Neat Scan and integrate to recognize and attach to appropriate transactions!! Wow! That would be a Huge step forward for Both Companies and huge time saver for us!

• Sue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Believe this is available but NOT is read only access. Please allow access to this detail for read only. Very important to our Finance committee charged with reviewing and accepting monthly statements prepared by our bookkeeping vendor.

• Deirdre McGaffey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can already take a photo of a receipt an upload it (via the Android QBO app at least), but there should be a column in the register that shows whether a line item has an attachment.
        If that column also allowed you to click and see the attachment even better, but just acknowledging that it is there would be a huge step.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought a ScanSnap that works awesome, I scan to evernote and shoeboxed. I've been disappointed with the actual execution of shoeboxed and think you should be able to scan from the scanner directly to QBO.

• Daniel Wolkenfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Attach an image to any transaction: expense, income, or a transfer. Email it in or upload it from a mobile app. Match images to transactions automatically and manually. Auto enhance & crop. Sort, filter, and customize the view of a range of transactions showing details and attached documents. Organize by date, account, location, vendor, customer, class, income / expense, with/without attachment, or inventory product. Generate / PDF / print a report of filtered results. Save filter / sort / view parameters for future reports.

• Nasir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this feature not available on android tablet
        Please add this feature of scanning and attaching a expenses receipt to the Android app.

• mitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you have this feature for I phone clients, why cant you offer it to us that have Android phones. We need to be better in the field and the app to take receipt photos and applying them into bills is huge. this is a must feature for any small business person or company

• Sheila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WAVE Accounting allows this to be done via their FREE mobile app called Receipts.. I used it constantly with my Wave accounting and it's amazing! Switching to quickbooks, it's definitely one thing I miss and I've been contemplating going back to Wave because of it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't leave this feature to third party apps. A QBOnline attachment feature probably competes with the bill pay apps but it should be a core feature.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been asked for from the beginning. When they finally launch attached document storage, they only add it for SALES transactions. I love how Intuit "listens" to their customers.

• Chris Maeder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also would allow me to get rid of the "shoebox" for storing receipts in the event that I might be audited by the IRS. All of the receipts would be easy to look up and not stored somewhere it might be hard for me to find (or even lost forever)!

• Mosey Levy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Attachments would be huge for us. Attaching vendor invoice to bills. Clients checks to payments. Attaching receipts to expenses that could then optionally be sent with an invoice. (Some of our clients ask us for all our expense receipts).

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Expense Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base