I suggest you ...

receive payment

We have many customers that do not pay the full amount due because of a bank wire fee or credit card transaction fee (etc.). Right now, I must do a Journal entry for the fee before going to receive the payment. It would be nice to be able to hit an account for the fee in the "Receive Payment" tab so that I do not have to make a separate journal entry.

116 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VPController commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No question, the Receive Payment features are weak in QBO. It should be able to handle early payment discounts, write off underpayment, write-off doubtful invoices, adjust bank fees and so on. It also should be able to handle invoice payments by multiple methods as well as the deposits to split bank accounts from the same screen.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs this feature. It would also be good that we could define an amount for the fee that could be used when doing automatic matches with the bank transactions. The lack of his feature in QBO compares to desktop adds time to processing payments

• Lynn Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a place to apply a discount on the invoice or before receiving the payment (a value or % amount) however, it's applied on the Net before GST amount. It needs to be applied on the Gross amount. That's what my customers do when they pay me. They deduct 2% (for instance) on the Gross for early payment

• Judy Sorrenti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In customers 'receive payment' also need the option to give discount for prompt payment like the desktop version. Too cumbersome to have to post the payment then go back into each individual invoice and apply the discount individually.

We really need this feature. It was in the desktop and I used it on many invoices. Takes two to three times as long to post a payment in this version as in the desktop version. Time is money and a lot of time is wasted in "work arounds"

Why hasn't this been done?? The Desktop version has this feature and it is a big time saver

• Lorien Prince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The workaround would be to Receive Payment in full and push the deposit into Undeposited Funds. Then on that Make Deposits screen, select the payment and reduce by the wire fee to net out to the deposit amount that hit the bank. Accomplishes what you want, just in the next step of the process.

• Kendra Wolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! Would love this. Not sure how to handle this either as we use square and they deduct the fees before the deposit posts to your account.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Customer Center

Feedback and Knowledge Base