I suggest you ...

Ability to email pay stub for employees who are paid via direct deposit

In Online Payroll I have to export a paystub to another application in order to email the paystub. Having the ability to email stubs to employees from with QB will be more efficient.

403 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that must be a part of Quickbooks Online. My payroll admin spends an unbelievable amount of time emailing each separate paystub (with no password protection) to each of our employees.

WHEN WILL WE SEE THIS FEATURE IN CANADA! I am told it is already a feature in the US.

Yes-I want to email pay stubs directly to employees. QB Desktop version was soo much better. I would recommend QBO to get a consultant from QB Desktop to explain the differences. QB Desktop spent many years perfecting their product. QBO should have started with that and moved forward, but instead they seem to have started at the beginning.

• Trudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please add the ability to batch email pay stubs. By the time I "print" the pay stub so I can save it as a PDF to attach and send in an email, it takes a minimum of 20 clicks - per employee! We have 34 employees, so this have become a time consuming task. When we used Sage, we could quickly and easily batch email all the paystubs to the employees and it was done within minutes.

• Ernesto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature and i agree we need viewmypaycheck for CDN version asap!!!

This is a great option but legally not sure if a paystub can be emailed. I believe giving the option to view online via a secured connection is accepted.

• Corey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another crazy oversight. Employees should either be able to log in and look themselves or have a paystub automatically emailed to them when they are created. I doubt anyone from QB even reads these comments though, I've never seen a response from them

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chris.. viewmycheck would be great... I've asked for it for years.... thats even better than emailing the paystubs.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intuit USA also has the viewmypaycheck app and online platform. would be nice to have something similar for employee self-service.

• Rodney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this initial comment from Anonymous. I use QB Online, and pay employees via Direct Deposit. This saves me from having to print paper cheques, but I still have to export the pay stub and email it to each employee so that they can view their pay stub. Having an option to have this automatically emailed from QB Online would be a great help. The comment from Alicia referring to "accessing pay stubs online" does not seem to be an option in QB Online.

I would appreciate the option to securely email my employee's pay stub as QB Desktop did. Right now I am printing them and handing them out which is extremely wasteful and time consuming. The alternative , savings each individual pay stub and emailing it is way too time consuming and not secure.

The only QB Desktop version used to send emails automatically with a click of a button. Bring this over to QBO!!!

• Jane Copeland CPA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can email direct deposit advices. I do this with all my payroll clients. In the employee overview screen you have to enable this choice (bottom left) & enter the employee's email address. The email address has to be active before you send the email that gives the employee the user info to log in the 1st time.

• Alicia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good Morning! There is an option to have an email be sent to your employees when the direct deposit payroll is created. To do this, you will want to click on Employee List under the Employees tab and select the employees name. Once in here, you can click on the little "Edit" button next to Employee Site Access so you can enter in the employees email address and then check a little box that says "Access their pay stubs online", then click the OK button on the bottom. The employees will receive an email so they can set up their usernames and passwords on www.paycheckrecords.com (a completely free site). This will allow the employees to log in and print any paystubs. When the payroll is created, an email will be sent to the employees saying that their paychecks are ready for view, so they can be sure to log in and check them out.

Even better would be to set up the e-mails to be automatically sent when the direct deposit is posted to employee's account

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Payroll

Feedback and Knowledge Base