I suggest you ...

Fully integrate with PayPal

Although there is rudimentary integration with PayPal, the details of the transaction are lost. PayPal provides line-item information about items bought or sold. I currently have to manually alter each PayPal transaction to re-enter the line items, and more importantly, to separate out the postage (since postage isn't taxable in Massachusetts).

116 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO + PayPal integration is seriously the most painful administrative thing I have done in my life. We have thousands of monthly transactions via PayPal, and even with PayPal Sync app, reconciliation is a major, major pain point. I would seriously pay for this value-add, although the fact that one of the biggest payment processors and biggest accounting software companies haven't figured this out yet is pretty mind-boggling to me.

• Eileen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will not be using QuickBooks online until the PayPal integration is improved.
        We really need to have access to all the payPal info Gross / Fee / Net for each transaction as it is downloaded.

• JU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to apply rules to paypal transactions. And bulk edit/recode. And bulk apply a "Class" to a set of paypal transactions based on a query or set of criteria

• Vincent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. For every sale PayPal subtracts a fee, and this breakdown is crucial for calculating expenses, and by extension taxes. It doesn't help that PayPal provides inadequate reporting for vendors.

• scott moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be great. I'm glad it's in planning. You should be able to sync paypal transactions the same way you do with credit cards and bank accounts.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to implement paypal properly so each line is imported.

At the moment none of my invoices match, i have to alter each one seperately!

Xero's paypal feed includes the whole ammount, and a seperate line for the bank fee.

That way you can just click match on the paypal transactions and code the bank fees to bank fees... please implement this asap!

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Expense Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base