I suggest you ...

Integrate QBO with TurboTax

provide a mechanism to export QBO data in a format that TurboTax for business can import. Reentering the data in TurboTax to do you IRS balance would be far simpler if you don't have to hand enter all that data.

300 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chuck HinceChuck Hince shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GeorgeGeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an idea. How about you add a line on your pretty "Choose your plan..." page that reads "Does NOT integrate with TurboTax, which happens to be our software as well. ✔️ ✔️ ✔️ ✔️

• Veronica FranksVeronica Franks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having paid for these services from the same company, it is unbelievable that they do not integrate. I feel like I've wasted my money on a product when I'm going to have to hand enter all the data anyway. What a waste. Please get it together and integrate this already.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been 5 years since this idea was submitted. How bout gettin it done?

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Full integration of QBO and TurboTax would seem to make perfect sense. I know I need it. Automating the process so that I have to spend less time inputting or simply moving data from one place to another, the more time I can spend on other aspects of my business that only I can address.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This I believe would be an efficient addition, to integrate the option, and save time for doing Year end Taxes. download the File needed to Desktop from Online, then import Directly into Desktop version of Turbotax.

• Diane CooperDiane Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredible that this was requested in 2012, it is now 2017 and yet it still has not been accomplished. Very disappointing. Doing taxes is enough of a challenge it would be appreciated if Quickbooks Online and TurboTax could join forces to accomplish this requirement

• GenaGena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add tax-line mapping to QB online! Why should tax professionals have extra work with an online product?

• Chris FancyChris Fancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used QB Desktop since 1996 until 2012, and stepped away from business. Now back, using QB Online and very surprised to find that Tax-Line Mapping is not available for QBO like it was for QB Desktop. This is a HUGE step backwards in user functionality! I may have to grudgingly switch from QB Online to QB Desktop. Disappointing!

• G.G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new business owner, I really wish I would have come across or considered this issue prior to getting started with QBO. Over the years, I've realized that Intuit has been lacking in terms of their software quality. For anyone that is a user of Quicken, you've probably already noticed that in the Quicken 2016 product. Now that I'm a business owner, my needs have become significantly more complex. This shouldn't be a difficult problem to solve. In fact, I'd venture to say that Intuit wants to be good at a lot of things, but great at none and this is a prime example. Spending years as a Software Development Director for various companies, I'm in business for myself and find this to be a sign of a company that truly lacks a startegy and good leadership.

• Steve BrooksSteve Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are spending an incredible amount of time tax mapping to sch C from QBO. Please work on a way for this to happen. Everyone has to do taxes. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.
        thanks,
        Steve Brooks

• GaryGary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow QBO to intetrate with business tax software. Fix the issue were you have to use inertnet Explorer. See my pain:

I am very frustrated with the overal experience with Quickbooks Online. My business is 100% Apple. From the perspective of a customer consider this: We spend $500 per year for QBO Plus, $1200 for Payroll, and $160 for Turbotax business. To find out that we have to spend another $400 for a windows computer and $200 to buy Quickbooks Desktop is just plain stupid. Here is our situation:
        1) We need to do our taxes so have to export to a QBO file.
        2) You can't do that unless you have Internet Explorer.
        3) You are FORCED to have to cough up $400 for a Windows Computer to ge the file.
        4) Once you get the computer and spend a few hour setting it up, you use Internet Explorer to log into QBO and IT DOESN'T WORK. It tells you to use Internet Explorer even though you are using Internet Explorer.
        5) You call back technical support to find out what the heck is going on. You then find out that you have to reprogram the browser to get it to work.
        6) You then go to download Quickbooks Desktop and the site is broken. More calling on technical support to learn that they don't know why its broken either.
        7) More calling on the phone to purchase Quickbooks Desktop, massive confusion in wanting my to switch everthing to Desktop (payrol) which I don't have time to do.

As of this email, I still can't do my taxes. I'd like to get some type of appeasement, however, that would probably be asking to much.

Video: https://app.box.com/s/kymusho3orc4mzeho0kr1e2pkunndaoi

I agree. Also not beign able to modify the tax line descriptions makes the function useless unless you keep track of what you are actually pulling to these absurd accounts. For instance where is the tax line Other deductions subscriptions or other deductions software liscenses? Instead I pull to things like " laundry" and "tools" which are not expenses we incur and keep track of the bogus names i use for our tax lines. Yes it is absurd...

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrate QBO with Turbotax quickly...you're the same company. Why is this not done YET?

Also... ability to take advantage of the tax line mapping by having a report for common tax forms such as schedule C and Schedule F is critical as well.

This gives small business owners a quick pulse on their business monthly and would help with estimated tax calculation as well.

Agreed...really need this functionality for agriculture businesses as most farms request a report to see monthly how the Schedule F will be affected as new expenses/income come in.

• Debra HallerDebra Haller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quarterly tax estimate and filing as well as year-end tax filing via Turbotax. Absolutely necessary.

• Luke CoburnLuke Coburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tax line mapping. I am shocked that this does not exist. Also, the inability for Turbotax and Quickbooks Online to pass Schedule C information is very surprising. Please think this through and add ASAP.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base