I suggest you ...

ADD PAYMENT PLAN Function

Payment plans are common ways for consumers and business to make purchases. Payment plans are different than recurring invoices or sales receipts because payment plans have Original Purchase (total sale), less payment, to track current balances. Payments have due dates and my charge interest or fees if late.

What we need is …

1. Set Up Like a Loan - the ability to set up a payment plan that works like a loan that has a declining balance as payments are made

2. Automate Monthly Payments - send monthly invoices for client to pay or automatic credit card payment options like you do in Sales Receipts now and email the paid receipt to the client

3. Missing Payment Exception Reports - to improve internal controls, report missing payments and have an exception report that list payment plan clients who did not receive a payment during a given period of time. This exception report can be used to determine if the payment plan was not correctly set up.

4. Automate Client Collection Process - notify clients about late payments by email, make a call list at a certain step of the process, and potentially offer collection notices to be sent by mail or email; allow users to set up follow up task on a client level that is consolidated into a complete list

5. Current Balance Report - with total for all clients

6. AR Aging Report - for each overdue payment on Payment Due Date

1,017 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kirk McLaren, Know Limit LearningKirk McLaren, Know Limit Learning shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason SchwellingerJason Schwellinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just chatting with a sales person and picked up the $15 a month version. One of my questions was the ability to do exactly this with recurring payments. Their answer was yes but after not seeing it in the application then reading this thread I get the feeling they were not completely accurate. Not impressed but at least their is a 60 day window to drop it and pay nothing I guess.

• Mark HatchettMark Hatchett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be at the top of the list - instead of these UI changes that make you click 3 times now to get to see your list of customers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still not a feature?! How is it so difficult to allow my clients to pay their bill in 4 payments?! And no, recurring payments will not do, they are using checks.

• Mark HatchettMark Hatchett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lucas, Yes I'm aware of the recurring payments function I have over 200 of them setup. However, that does not help when you have a fixed price invoice that a customer wants to make automatic payments against and you want to know the balance of said invoice.

• LucasLucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you guys, I hope you're aware of the Recurring Payments function that you get with anything above the basic starter plan. I've been using this for my monthly website maintenance services. It bills them automatically and sends them a receipt in whichever time intervals you wish.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Payment plans are essential for our business. I have read this thread and am shocked that there is no response from Intuit. Intuit, is this on the development schedule or not?

• David EmeryDavid Emery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Partial.ly charges 5% + $0.30 per transaction. No thank you! I should not have to pay an additional 5% to offer payment plans. This type of recurring transaction is something that every merchant provider offers.

• JONNY RANDALLJONNY RANDALL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE ADD A PAYMENT PLAN OPTION. This is one of the most important things we lack with the QuickBooks Software for our office. We are in desperate need of this option or we will have to switch our Billing Software.

• Blaine McChesneyBlaine McChesney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been complaining about this forever! Why on earth can't we add a payment plan instead of "net 30"? Telling clients to ignore the overdue notices is unprofessional but the only option! Please, please, fix this quickbooks.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base