I suggest you ...

It should provide import transactions feature just like import vendors, customer list

It should provide import transactions feature just like import vendors, customer list

157 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hardik Mehta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This entire system is a joke at this point 4 MONTHS of mass vendor invoicing hand entered in QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2016 (Just one company we buy from has over 1000 different invoices per mo) They can upload their mo statement in other accounting systems and can even do a running transaction like the banking is done on QBO & QBD. Only problem is We need to travel often and need the flexibility to do payroll, inputting of invoices, and reconcile accounts at a different locations. I was told that we could import QBD into QBO when ever we needed to and vice versa. NOT TRUE!!! If I import info into QBO it overrides all my old stuff and gives me a new company!! WHAT THE HECK!!! Four months of work gone in one simple and obviously absolutely a must function for anyone starting up with eith program! Paying out the nose for not just 1 desktop program that is decent at best but now paying for online as well and it is a POS! I am appalled and embarrassed that I have wasted so much time, money and resources on such a shoddy product. Come on People what exactly does your 189.00 not including payroll that's an additional 125.00 o hold on you also pay a per employee check charge per payroll and then there is so many other snuck in fees and charges that I keep finding...WOW!! Now I'm being told I need to go to QBO's App Store so that I can pay for another service that ultimately is a must in order to ever get anything to work at all in the QBO program. NOW WAIT A MINUIT; What kind of scam and racket do you have going on here? LIES, FAke sales promises and misrepresentation of what your product really does for the service fees you charge. Now lets not even open pandora's real hidden box in this company; CUSTOMER SERVICE???? This is what you call customer service or support???? O MY GOODNESS SHOOT ME NOW! Over 10 different occasions i have spent nothing less than 6 entire HOURS trying to get a simple question asked and answered by
        anyone on at level 1 CSR I will give you this though Those level 1 CSR and some of the best top security protection and screening people ever! Doesn't matter if you have a notification on the top line of your company meme on my account that reads in bold letters: *****TRANSFER CUSTOMER TO LEVEL 2 SUPERVISOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIVING A CALL FROM ANYONE AT THERE COMPANY!!!!***** only to find yourself begging borrowing and explaining the shit whole mess that your company has gotten our account into just to be transferred to a level 1 CSR supervisor an hour later all so that I can explain what the heck is going on and then to listen to them tell me how they can fix all my problems and if i could just bare with them for a moment... JUST FRICKEN STOP ALREADY, its now 4:45pm and they need to call back tomorrow because they are off work in a few minutes all the while I have accomplished absolutely NOTHING and gotten NOWHERE yet again today like I did the day, week now month before

• Alycia C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was suggested to me by a customer, and I do agree this would make the accounting aspect a lot easier to manage if we were able to just import an excel sheet as we can for webconnecting and lists, directly into the register of choice. If we can establish a way for this to be done, this would be an amazing feature that I would support fully.

• June Cunningham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it is a real issue not being able to import transactions, especially when transferring a client from a different software system. Hard to believe that it isnt possible

• Sheri Stout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would think that a system that can interface with banks and credit card companies would also be able to import transactions from other software as well. Payroll is outsourced and those checks need to be entered into the system for bank reconciliation. Also the ability to import journal entries from excel is important. Transaction Pro works but it would be nice not to have to use an outside App.

• Lee Franklin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So here is the thing. I know the QBO has an API which allows other applications to record financial transaction; however, as a franchisee I have virtually no control over our POS system. It's called Data Dawg (DD) and it is old school in that it creates reports in a browser screen and gives the user the ability to print, download to excel. What I'd like to do is have the ability to write code which instead of a hard copy report with export to print, excel capability would actually create the related QBO financial transactions for auto interface through the API. However, I have no access to the source code for DD. I've looked into a related APP that looked promising Transport Pro; however, I couldn't get it to work satisfactorily. Anyone have any other ideas?

• Rick Shideman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do bulk check printing every so often and would like to be able to import the checks to be printed.

• Rob W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I process customer credit cards through a bank's online application and am able to download transaction reports from that. Right now I have to manually re-enter all successful transactions into QBO. Seeing as I can download the transaction report and reformat it however I like, it would be awesome if QBO allowed me to simply upload a file of these payments instead of having to manually enter each one.

For QuickBooks Online to be of any use to me, I need to import IIF files from several sources. Without this capability, I can't use it.

• Carl Head commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importing transactions is a big need... However, if anyone is looking for a work around, I did the following:

1. Export transactions/manipulate transactions and save to CSV.
        2. Use an online CSV to OFX converter (you can Google it)
        3. Import into QB Bank...

This naturally only works for Bank and not for things like journals, which I'm sure is a big requirement.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tho this request is poorly written, the inability to use Intuit's own .IIF file format is a severe limitation to integrating with other transactional systems - It's very widely supported, so inclusion ASAP into Intuit's OWN product(s) would seem a clear imperative.

Though all the lists (vendor, customer, etc) are imported usually once, any retail or online store application will depend on the operational benefits continually of transactional imports - PLEASE! :)

Yes, should be able to import transactions, including Invoices and sales receipts.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Import/Export

Feedback and Knowledge Base