I suggest you ...

Data Portability

QBO data is land locked within QBO. The current mechanism is to have to boot up IE, install an ActiveX component and it only allows you to go back to a desktop version of QBO.

This needs an overhaul. Data should be much easier to move into or out of QBO. New customers are going to want to easily get from one solution to you, if we need to pull out or peer review data we need a way to export our data.

Please work towards more data freedom.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy C shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pinchas Schwarz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My suggstion is that, it should be structured some kind of integration between QBO & QBD so the accountants should be able to work from there desktop

The idea of QuickBooks was revolutionary in the beginning,
        integrating office administration & accounting in 1 useful software which caught the world of small business to be almost completely dependent on the Quickbooks software, giving both accounting & office administration, a new meaning.

and of course intuit had a HOT item to sell because the efficiency of the software.

Now heading forward in a world which demands constant advancing, sadly Intuit tunneled their vision into the efficiency QBO gives for office admin (in some cases), empowered by the fact that from the point of view of Intuit's sales they should continue to push for QBO,

But they are messing up from the accounting side of the game, QBO doesn't have the stability of a desktop version, and while a service provider may find it useful to enter a customer's info on field which takes only seconds, the accountant will need to sit at his desk & process that data which may pile up to hundreds or thousands transactions monthly which a cloud based software will never compete with a stable desktop version

In addition QBO is by now far behind in reporting flexibility according to QBD

I think it should be more considered when making decisions because after all the accountants are the referrers to such kind of software, so if accountants won't find it worth, Intuit is losing a backbone of the secrets of sales increase (free referrals in many cases)
        That's my opinion

Therefore I would suggest there should be structured some kind of integration between QBO & QBD so the accountants should be able to work from there desktop

• Wendy Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm didn't know that QBO was locked within QBO. This is likely a deal-breaker for me. Portability is a must for an organization who's board changes every 2 years. The next board could decide that they do not want the books online.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Full data is necessary. We tried to move to desktop last year, due to progress billing, permissions control, better multi-state sales tax reporting, true cash forecasting and many other items we needed when we grew beyond a $5M business. So many part of the export fell to the ground including PO numbers that customers were invoice for, destroyed sales tax tables, skew employee info, etc. after 2 weeks of trying to get the data clean we gave up and stayed on-line. I have so much secondary number crunching because of the lack of basic features in the on-line.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Import/Export

Feedback and Knowledge Base