I suggest you ...

total the reports

have the reports total. Right now you have to export to excel and do a formula, after deleting the extra lines!

274 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JerriJerri shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  QBO TeamAdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thanks for submitting this suggestion! We are currently looking into all the areas in reports where this is an issue to better understand avenues to address your feedback.

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Balance sheet detail reports need beginning and ending totals that roll up beyond just the account level. To show changes in cash, for example, I have to manually calculate a total of all beginning balance cash accounts and manually calculate a total of all ending balance cash accounts.

• Lee Ann HarmonLee Ann Harmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also allow EVERY report to be printed. The paycheck list report does not have a print button, share button, nothing. Screen prints will not work if you have a long list.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any Ituit further update. Last answer I see is Jan 2015. Is this string even alive still?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Foreign amounts (primarily USD for me) can be generated on a report when multicurrency is turned on but totals are only given for CDN (Converted amounts) and not the foreign amount total. The only way possible was going through Excel amd manully recording the total at the bottom of a custom expense report, which of course is cumbersome

• JonasJonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

especially annoying for amounts in foreign currencies, this never works, independently of report type! I always add those amounts by hand

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I run a Sales by Product Summary report, in order to get a total for the quantity column I have to export to excel. Please add total for the quantity column for all reports that have quantity as a column. Thank you!!

• financefinance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also applies to multi-currency items. I used to have unpaid bills totals in original currency in desktop version. Now i need to add various invoices to be able to pay in the right currency. Same applies to the bank items on TB. Total bank is correct in base currency but it does not show at all what is closing balance in actual currency. You can get line items currency but not the total. It is just so difficult to use QB if you have multi currency while desktop version could handle all of this.

• DJDJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...and after editing the heading lines so they can be read, and modifying the number format so that negatives print with minus signs, instead of "red" ink on my black and white printer

• Doug ChapmanDoug Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This used to occur and just recently this functionality went away (noticed on Friday 2/22). Have already received numerous questions from our workforce on why this went away.

I would like to add the ability to subtotal by credits as well as debits - I believe we had this capacity in the desktop version

I agree! When you pull a report for lets say, invoices. Why doesn't it give you a total? You have to manually add or transfer to excel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base