I suggest you ...

Make the user rights more flexible and customizable

more flexibility for users would help my company. I am a small business owner and need to concentrate on administrative; book keeping matters. I would love to have our staff have access to our vendor information without having access to the register or have the ability to write checks. This would enable me to hand off vendor invoices for entry and free my time considerably. Unfortunately your on-line version is quite limited. We used your contractor edition software years ago and found those user features worked quite well.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. As our company grows, I can say that without greater user flexibility, unfortunately we will have to make a move to another program that is slightly more diversified.

2,416 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa NixonLisa Nixon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

252 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tsts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have more flexibility for managing my users. Right now I am the only one doing data. I have someone else get quotes but I have to enter the information because they do not do invoicing. Also this person does shipping and receiving and I want them to be able to enter shipping information only. without access to the invoice.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like my receptionist to be able to view customer accounts and enter payments onto accounts, but I don't want her to be able to see all of my income numbers. Having that colored bar across the top allows her to see how much we billed and collected the past month in total.

• JoannaJoanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option of setting up a user to raise purchase orders and updating status of POs only, without further permissions to suppliers ledger

More control over user rights, don't like that if I click one thing to give a user access to, it automatically gives access to a bunch of other features. Want to be able to individually select item by item what I want users to access.

• Scott CassellScott Cassell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

more customization options for users to better match job roles. It's so limited that it does not work for us to point that I am looking at other accounting packages.

It would be great to allow a limited user to make cash deposits. We are a nonprofit and receive donations outside of the billing/accounts receivable. I want to have someone to record cash receipts for a/r and donations and prepare a bank deposit.

• Justin AnderaJustin Andera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use checkboxes per feature to assign access unless in the role of Master Admin and Company Admin. This way 3rd party estimators can use the estimating tool without access to other company information.

• Amethyst WorkmanAmethyst Workman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a heating and cooling company. We have a few technicians and I would like our technicians to be able to look up what we have done for customers and add information they need to for a specific job. I do not what them to get easy access to all the customer information and reports. I would like their Home screen to more go strait to the customer search. Not show all the open invoices and recently paid invoices. I would like more options to customize what they have access to for the customer fields and be more targeted towards what they are doing and not show all the technicians an accumulation of all the recent invoices. Having multiple technicians I want them to focus on what they have going on and not make it so easy for them to see what jobs the other technicians have going on.

So far I am really enjoying QBO. However, I am not a fan of the Access Rights under User Rights. They are very restrictive and not very manipulative. I compare this to QB Desktop. I need to be able to allow my employees to reconcile various accounts, enter bills, make bills billable to customers, create PO's and invoices but NOT see anything related to payroll. However, this is NOT an option in QBO. It is almost as if it is all or nothing. I spoke to various Advisers and their only advice is to leave feedback. PLEASE change this ASAP! Most companies need to be very specific for what employees can see or do within an accounting software.

So far I am really enjoying QBO. However, I am not a fan of the Access Rights under User Rights. They are very restrictive and not very manipulative. I compare this to QB Desktop. I need to be able to allow my employees to reconcile various accounts, enter bills, make bills billable to customers, create PO's and invoices but NOT see anything related to payroll. However, this is NOT an option in QBO. It is almost as if it is all or nothing. I spoke to various Advisers and their only advice is to leave feedback. PLEASE change this ASAP! Most companies need to be very specific for what employees can see or do within an accounting software.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! The user rights are preventing my General Manager from accessing the iOS app, for some reason, still to be determined by QBO.

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better Options for Users - need to allow more custom accesses for users so companies with multiple managers/departments can give access to those areas without allowing them to see the entire company financials (i.e. other managers payroll info).

• Amy BuckinghamAmy Buckingham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow administrator to pick and choose what features users have access to. I don't want my users to have access to employee information. Currently, you can choose if users are either very limited or not. I want to be able to pick what features they can see instead of QB making a list.

• jmeurerjmeurer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well not much more to add to the 101 previous comments. The current very broad user access permissions is unworkable. Needs many more selections to be available for each user/employee. Also the limit of 5 users (except unlimited number of employees for timesheets) on the plus plan is way too restrictive. Xero allow unlimited users.

QBO has so much possibility but as of right now I can't give my employees a user account because they would be able to write checks. That is insane!! Once the more flexible user rights are implemented I foresee all my employees using it.

• SolomonSolomon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. Just came back to check on this again (last checked 6 months ago, left QBO over 1 year ago). Still no progress, updates, or even courteous replies from Intuit. This is outrageous. This top-vote-getting request was submitted in 2012. WTH? Years ago they told us they had "escalated" this issue and were "working on it as we speak." Should we assume they were lying?

• Meta4 FoodsMeta4 Foods commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the master admin more control over what certain users can see under their profile

User access - make it possible to post to the shareholder as a vendor, but restrict the ability for others to view this data.

• intanfarahanahintanfarahanah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to hide any dashboard regarding transaction that shows sales or collections from the second user.

Feedback and Knowledge Base