I suggest you ...

Make the user rights more flexible and customizable

more flexibility for users would help my company. I am a small business owner and need to concentrate on administrative; book keeping matters. I would love to have our staff have access to our vendor information without having access to the register or have the ability to write checks. This would enable me to hand off vendor invoices for entry and free my time considerably. Unfortunately your on-line version is quite limited. We used your contractor edition software years ago and found those user features worked quite well.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. As our company grows, I can say that without greater user flexibility, unfortunately we will have to make a move to another program that is slightly more diversified.

2,416 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa NixonLisa Nixon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

252 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most Definitely Alex we use the same system as you we enter parts as well on our computer system using Quick Books Online. We have a few people who access our system but i do not want the to have full access to all of our figures. I think that employees should not be able to view this information if they are employed to do data entry.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly agree with you. I want uses to enter bills but also be able to create new accounts when entering bills but not see financials of the business and employee information.

• Dan GonzalesDan Gonzales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. We are developing an in-house sales/project mgmt/crm system that has a LOT of permissions for users and sales reps. If we can do it, QBO can do it. In addition, we have setup Roles, which allows you to create customized permissions for groups of people, rather than one-by-one.

• NikkiNikki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

id like to be able to turn each of these option on or off in the user access

Users with All access have all the limited access rights for:
        Customers and Sales
        Suppliers and Purchases
        In addition, the user can:

Add, edit, and delete employees
        Change preferences
        View the Activity Log
        Create, edit, and delete budgets
        Add, edit, and delete accounts
        Make deposits and transfer funds
        Reconcile accounts and make journal entries
        View all reports
        Turn on VAT for the company
        Change the setup for existing VAT information
        Make VAT adjustments
        File VAT returns
        Set up multicurrency
        Perform home currency adjustments

• NikkiNikki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

totally agree, I need to give my client access to sales and purchases and reports but I dont want to give them access to the VAT reports or other company settings for example

• Sandi SchoobSandi Schoob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems remiss for an accounting software developer to not understand the need to control the access of different parts of the software. I just got off the phone with the CSR supervisor that told me she never heard of this concern before. I am happy to see others actually are asking for more limited (customizable) access options. They do it for the desktop version. This is a serious oversight on the QBO development.

• ThierryThierry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the present time my book keeper, to make his work needs all the rights. But this allows him to make bank transfers!!! We need this blocked.

• Ryan JarusRyan Jarus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a QBOA accountant we want to invite users into their QBO account we manage for them and provide ability to run all the reports they want and then drill down into the numbers. Right now "reports only" is too restrictive and if we make them an admin they can conceivably change entries, delete bills, etc. We need a setting allowing them to drill down into anything and view detail but not make changes.

• sjessupsjessup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Permissions at more levels. I would like to set up certain staff to do only one thing, but the current permissions require me to allow groups of permissions that encompass more than I want to give.

• Aaron LawsonAaron Lawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add more customization for permissions for limited users so we can set exactly what options are available.

I advise splitting up permissions into two options: Standard and Advanced. Standard would be similar to the way you have it now, a "Customer" and "Vendor" permissions option. But advanced would permit you to adjust exactly what a user could do; can they edit QoH, add or remove items, add, modify, and remove purchase orders and invoices, etc...

Having this functionality would make it much easier for us to make Quickbooks be personalized for our business needs.

• John CadenheadJohn Cadenhead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More user access options. As is person who needs only the payable and post deposits must have all access to do this. This needs a lot more options on what can be block and not

• Elizabeth GarfieldElizabeth Garfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customized Access -- Ability to select exactly what you want and don't want a user to access would be helpful...not just the two categories provided! Thank you! I would like to give my admin ability to record and print checks, as well as input deposits. They are essentially related but I can't let her record deposits without providing her with full access to our books and records!

• KathleenKathleen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NEED ACCESS FOR OFFICE TO CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS WITHOUT ACCESS TO ALL ACCOUNTS.

I need to be able to further customize users. I have techs in the field that need to do invoices or quotes and I cannot use it because there is TOO MUCH info available for them to access. HELP HELP HELP! Thanks.

• Ann JasinskiAnn Jasinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More flexibility in user roles.
        Would like a role for accounts receivable and accounts payable only. Would like to limit access to business reports, checking and account balances .

What is the problem with not being able to customize the users? They are too broad and offer too much. We need to be able to tweak the user rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long could this possibly take?

Feedback and Knowledge Base