I suggest you ...

Make the user rights more flexible and customizable

more flexibility for users would help my company. I am a small business owner and need to concentrate on administrative; book keeping matters. I would love to have our staff have access to our vendor information without having access to the register or have the ability to write checks. This would enable me to hand off vendor invoices for entry and free my time considerably. Unfortunately your on-line version is quite limited. We used your contractor edition software years ago and found those user features worked quite well.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. As our company grows, I can say that without greater user flexibility, unfortunately we will have to make a move to another program that is slightly more diversified.

2,518 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa Nixon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

257 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sam Fragello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We all need to bombard Intuit everywhere we can. Twitter, Facebook, etc..
        We all know that these customer feedback things they push are all show. It's apparent that they do not care about their existing customers. Over 2000 votes and not a response?? They need hit publicly where new potential customers can see how they will be treated and ignored. Once it slightly hits their pocket book they will all of a sudden pretend to care.

• Martha Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run into this all the time with clients that want to limit staff access, but there's always one thing they want the staff member to be able to do that falls under the all rights level. I wish the user roles were more customizable. I'd love to see this happen soon!

• Sam Fragello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just because a Sale Rep needs access to inventory counts and invoicing doesn't mean he needs to know what the company pays for their items! Why in the world does employees have to know the companies inventory costs?? All Sales Reps have access to all Reps sales along with access to all item costs - therefore employees know companies gross profits! This is insane. Yet I am just ignored about it. Now I am in the process of having a new program written and plan on leaving QB's because of this.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just need to be able to add and delete accounts so they can fix a mistake if they make one. this needs to be addressed pronto.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add more customization options to Manage Users. I have an employee who needs access to make deposits but should not have access to payroll or the bank register...or several of the options granted with All Access.

• Fatima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to continue moving my clients to QBO. However, I'm at a standstill because have clients that need more user flexibility than just AP/AR rights or ALL rights. I can't ethically recommend this product if my clients are faced with having to share all of their company information just to have an assistant do the weekly bank deposit.

• Frustrated!!!! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just switched from QB Pro. We are already frustrated!!!
        We cannot choose different invoice templates for invoicing different customers....unless you have Company admin access!!! I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving Admin level (company wide) access to someone who is just raising invoices and recording bills. After seeing all these complaints for years, I'm not very hopeful that we would be a QBO customer for very long.

• Solomon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is why I left QBO back in 2013. I'm back checking to see if anything has changed or if anyone from Intuit has even given the courtesy of a reply..... Nope.

This is incredibly bad product design and unbelievably terrible responsiveness to customers.

I think harassing Intuit on Twitter would be more effective. Someone actually replies over there.
        - https://twitter.com/QuickBooks
        - https://twitter.com/QBCares
        - https://twitter.com/Intuit

• www.sas-ph.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue had been so long here, Please just give some respect to all guys who voted and give some replay.
        this is huge security issue for too much companies.
        again we are expecting some respect to your clients by replay to us

• Danielle Belding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more! I feel that this operating system is not user friendly, I am in the process of looking for another option for my small business. As I do not want to pay an accountant hundreds of dollars a month. QBO has actually taken so many features away that it has gone backwards which is unfortunate. You would think that such a large operating system would have developed a better more user friendly system??? My construction business will be shopping elsewhere and not sticking with QBO, all I can do with QBO is create invoices and even then I have to constantly modify them because when I receive deposits as this post is talking about they can't be reflected on the invoice I am using. It's a billing nightmare!! I am fed up!!

• Steve Shore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with you Kevin. I run a Bakery and i Can't let my office staff enter bills as they can't enter new items into the chart of accounts for new items we buy I have to give them full access to achieve this. I'M NOT HAPPY THIS THIS SYSTEM I AM HIGHLY THINKING TO CHANGE TO MYOB.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run Auto Electrical Business and i can't let anyone else do the books but me as i don't want them to see the profit figures.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Users

Feedback and Knowledge Base