I suggest you ...

Make the user rights more flexible and customizable

more flexibility for users would help my company. I am a small business owner and need to concentrate on administrative; book keeping matters. I would love to have our staff have access to our vendor information without having access to the register or have the ability to write checks. This would enable me to hand off vendor invoices for entry and free my time considerably. Unfortunately your on-line version is quite limited. We used your contractor edition software years ago and found those user features worked quite well.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. As our company grows, I can say that without greater user flexibility, unfortunately we will have to make a move to another program that is slightly more diversified.

2,524 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa Nixon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

259 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VPController commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They do listen. It took 1700 days and 2200 votes to put that Under Review tab. Let's see how long it will take to "Completed" status.

• Scott Whetsell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to have users enter inventory activity, or issue invoices without complete access to company finances. The user rights management in this program is terrible from what I have seen.

• Elias Dominguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User rights should be separated even more. I would like one of my bookkeepers to be limited to data entry in the vendor side, no rights to entering data on the client side.

• Lisa Nixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Alex for trying to get my issue to posted on here sorted. We should all start to bombard their support lines to make certain this gets raised to the top priority. This is what support told me earlier this week. The more people that raise this more more likely this will be reviewed.

Kind Regards Lisa

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Raised again by Irene, We all need to start taking to the support team to get this raised further. There is no update for this issue. When will it be reviewed???

Just been told this has been raised to the engineers and developers. Question is why hasn't this been reviewed yet????

Just want other users to add accounts and delete accounts without seeing private information. Enter Jounals, Pay bills.

• Jake S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as a ProAdvisor its also awkward that a Team member who takes care of our books needs to have access to each customers books to have them visible within our books to make a recurring transaction. If they have access to that area of ours they should see all customers not just the ones they manage.

• Martin Froud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The user settings are ridiculous. We are using Quickbooks plus and a regular or custom user can see all sensitive information such as wages. Surely there needs to be the flexibility that is available in desktop Premier.
        This is make or break for us as to whether we continue to use QB online.

• Andria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needing to add limited users to only access purchase orders. That's it!

• Peter Winters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've used QB for 15+ years. I now use QB 2016. The Home Page has always put vendors on top of customers. It's a semantic, but it would be great one if I could customize the home page the way I want to see it. However; if it needs to be fixed for some reason, two put customers at the top. And three, at least allow a check box of preferences as to what I see even if it's in a fixed location. Thank you

• Lisa Nixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone great to see so many votes and yet Quickbooks doesn't seam to care about their customers. I wrote this back in 2012 come on now this is getting ridiculous. I will be moving to a different program is this doesn't get reviewed or the changes are made. You have 2 months to get your act into gear before I make the move.

• Selena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this Pronto. Need more employees to be able to add accounts. Bit stupid how you can enter a bill but because the account has not been entered before you can't enter the new account you have to get someone else to enter it for you.

Main things we want other users to be able to do are.

1. enter bills and be able to add accounts.

2. Reconcile bank accounts

3. Pay bills.

4. Access to Vendor information.

• Justin Bieber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Little birdie told me to try and give this a move on. I need this to happen as one of my fans told me to tell this organisation GET THIS MOVING PLEASE. THANK YOU.

regards. JB
        Listen to my Album now #Purpose

• Luke Farbotko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very frustrating, we have to build and new interface for users that we want to provided limit access to. Permissions are way to basic is QBO. with 2057 votes one would think that there would be at least a response or marked as reviewed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Just spoken to Hazel who as always is helpful. She has let the developers know and I will hear something soon :) Thanks again for getting this off the Ground.

• John D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am now talking to quickbooks again now. I will let everyone know the outcome. Hopefully good news.

• John D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this URGENTLY. I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING I SPOKE TO THE QUICKBOOKS TEAM YESTERDAY THEY SAID "THE DEVELOPERS CHOOSE WHAT TO ADD". TO ME THIS NEEDS ACTIONING ON THE HIGHEST PRIORITY. I CAN'T DELEGATE TASKS TO OTHER EMPLOYEES FOR EXAMPLE SETTING UP NEW ACCOUNTS WITHOUT THEM SEEING ALL THE FIGURES FOR THE BUSINESS FIGURES AND EMPLOYEE PAY RATES AND INFORMATION.

THIS IS A JOKE. QUICKBOOKS GET THIS SORTED ASAP.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Users

Feedback and Knowledge Base