I suggest you ...

Make the user rights more flexible and customizable

more flexibility for users would help my company. I am a small business owner and need to concentrate on administrative; book keeping matters. I would love to have our staff have access to our vendor information without having access to the register or have the ability to write checks. This would enable me to hand off vendor invoices for entry and free my time considerably. Unfortunately your on-line version is quite limited. We used your contractor edition software years ago and found those user features worked quite well.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. As our company grows, I can say that without greater user flexibility, unfortunately we will have to make a move to another program that is slightly more diversified.

2,587 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa Nixon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

264 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Payroll confidentiality is a must! Our employees are "Vendors" in QBO, so all payroll info is visible to every user. This prohibits me from delegating tasks. Huge time/cost killer! :(

I can't make our employees, "Employees" due to multi-member LLC ownership status. Tried outsourcing the payroll to QB, however this option isn't offered with our unique situation.

• Winnie Bade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before the new payroll system was implemented last year, only the total payroll was visible in the check register. Now, each employee's name is listed along with net pay. I had to cut all staff off from running reports.

• Judy Wilkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 3 people working daily in QB. I really need to be able to exclude access to the banking information and check writing from my purchasing and a/p staff. Lisa detailed this very well. Thank you.

• Stanley Quayle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the rights need to be much granular. My accountant, for example, shouldn't be able to write checks, create quotes and PO's, etc. I don't have a problem with him looking at the information, but creation should be locked out.

1 2 10 11 12 14 Next →

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Users

Feedback and Knowledge Base