I suggest you ...

Make the user rights more flexible and customizable

more flexibility for users would help my company. I am a small business owner and need to concentrate on administrative; book keeping matters. I would love to have our staff have access to our vendor information without having access to the register or have the ability to write checks. This would enable me to hand off vendor invoices for entry and free my time considerably. Unfortunately your on-line version is quite limited. We used your contractor edition software years ago and found those user features worked quite well.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. As our company grows, I can say that without greater user flexibility, unfortunately we will have to make a move to another program that is slightly more diversified.

2,293 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa NixonLisa Nixon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

250 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sam FragelloSam Fragello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We all need to find a way to post this where the public and new potential customers can see how they treat you once you're hooked. THEN they'll care. Any ideas?? Facebook??

• Sam FragelloSam Fragello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

intuit is a joke. They are all about sales and just about zero after sale service. Over 2000 votes and they can care less. If you're debating on getting QB's or another program.....go for the other program. Trust me. Unless you want all of your employees knowing your costs and total business profits!! You can't hide it!!!

• Conrad SewellConrad Sewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lets keep on nagging them on their live chat and see if we can get a move on. I need this for my business so my employees stop seeing my profit and loss statements. I have already had 1 person leave and start their own business. I can't run my business on a day to Day basis. I have no option but to leave and go back to pen and paper.

I will do this until this is eventually sorted and Jam your $17.00 a month up ur ***

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't understand why they can't give more flexibility with user rights. I have a payroll person that doesn't need to see everything else on the books etc. Looks like a lot of people would like more flexibility.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely this. I have accountants access to clients accounts I want to limit my staff so they don't have the ability to make checks or ACH payments but still have the ability to enter bills and transactions.

• Meta4 FoodsMeta4 Foods commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had wanted to use the QB mobile app for my delivery drivers so that they could take signatures directly into invoices but without an option for limited access, the drivers are then privy to all sales history for the company. this is not a workable option obviously.

Each section should have assignable rights. My main goal is to block payroll from everyone, but I can't do that because in order to do some things they need to do - payroll is automatically included which is crazy. That's one of the most confidential things in a business. This means that when a customized invoice for a contractor is needed - I have to stop what I'm doing, go into the invoice and set it to the correct invoice template. This should be something anyone with access to create an invoice should do.

I also had to take over doing the bank deposits.

I'm not that concerned with them seeing the check register - I need payroll blocked so I don't have to disrupt my days doing things they should have access to do.

It would help to let the staff have access without being able to see check registers.

• Kagan MustafaKagan Mustafa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want my users to be able to see our reports and sales. I want my project managers to be able to issue estimates but not see the numbers for other staff / sales / etc.

About Time all that Asking the question, Now the Question i when will it be compleated???

• VPControllerVPController commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They do listen. It took 1700 days and 2200 votes to put that Under Review tab. Let's see how long it will take to "Completed" status.

• Scott WhetsellScott Whetsell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to have users enter inventory activity, or issue invoices without complete access to company finances. The user rights management in this program is terrible from what I have seen.

• Elias DominguezElias Dominguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User rights should be separated even more. I would like one of my bookkeepers to be limited to data entry in the vendor side, no rights to entering data on the client side.

• Lisa NixonLisa Nixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Alex for trying to get my issue to posted on here sorted. We should all start to bombard their support lines to make certain this gets raised to the top priority. This is what support told me earlier this week. The more people that raise this more more likely this will be reviewed.

Kind Regards Lisa

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Raised again by Irene, We all need to start taking to the support team to get this raised further. There is no update for this issue. When will it be reviewed???

Just been told this has been raised to the engineers and developers. Question is why hasn't this been reviewed yet????

Just want other users to add accounts and delete accounts without seeing private information. Enter Jounals, Pay bills.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base