I suggest you ...

Make the user rights more flexible and customizable

more flexibility for users would help my company. I am a small business owner and need to concentrate on administrative; book keeping matters. I would love to have our staff have access to our vendor information without having access to the register or have the ability to write checks. This would enable me to hand off vendor invoices for entry and free my time considerably. Unfortunately your on-line version is quite limited. We used your contractor edition software years ago and found those user features worked quite well.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. As our company grows, I can say that without greater user flexibility, unfortunately we will have to make a move to another program that is slightly more diversified.

2,511 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa Nixon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

257 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Solomon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,

I'm back again, seeing if there is any progress with this. I left QBO 4 years ago because of this issue. I can see they still have not replied or done anything.
        Of course, it being changed to "Under Review" in Mar. 2017 could be encouraging, but that means that it take 5 years(!) for them to under review it. So actual action is probably another several years away, if at all.

It is really strange, as:
        - This is such an obvious design flaw for a product that is supposed to allow people to work together
        - Thousands have been officially complaining about this over 5 years
        - Intuit support and sales people have told many of us many times, that they would make sure this got escalated and addressed.

Oh well. I'll see you in a year, when I check back again. :(

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like more flexibility in customizing access to checkbooks. We have an assistant that helps with deposits and our general checking account; however, they should not have access to our employee information and payroll account checkbook.

• Hamdani Bin Amin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my company administrator should not have access to Subscription information. Because I am running multiple client as Master Admin. If I started to create Company Admin, then the company will able to see my cost.

• Sam Fragello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So the top request has over 6000 votes and they just now claim it's "started".
        I guess that means that we shouldn't expect to see this happen in our lifetime. Sad

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to be able to provide one of our employees with the access to be able to reconcile credit card statement but not bank statements and not to see our P&L and BS statements.

At the moment QBO as many have pointed out is not at all flexible with user permissions.

• Calvin hoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are some sensitive transactions which we do not want other employees to see. By putting them under the same user rights for common transactions like expense is not flexible at all. Being a small business owner, there are some transactions which I like to keep them confidential and others which I can let my employees to assess to do their jobs. If we can't have flexible assess rights for sensitive transaction, does that mean the boss would have to do all accounting transactions? We are suppose to improve productivity for our business process here but then with this issue is restricting us to move forward. I am currently using moneyworts which works beautifully. I am only considering QB online because its cloud base and can link to some payroll services I am currently looking at. I bought QB online Plus to test it out only to find this restriction on assess control which is holding me back to migrate to it at all now.

We all need to find a way to post this where the public and new potential customers can see how they treat you once you're hooked. THEN they'll care. Any ideas?? Facebook??

intuit is a joke. They are all about sales and just about zero after sale service. Over 2000 votes and they can care less. If you're debating on getting QB's or another program.....go for the other program. Trust me. Unless you want all of your employees knowing your costs and total business profits!! You can't hide it!!!

• Conrad Sewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lets keep on nagging them on their live chat and see if we can get a move on. I need this for my business so my employees stop seeing my profit and loss statements. I have already had 1 person leave and start their own business. I can't run my business on a day to Day basis. I have no option but to leave and go back to pen and paper.

I will do this until this is eventually sorted and Jam your $17.00 a month up ur ***

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't understand why they can't give more flexibility with user rights. I have a payroll person that doesn't need to see everything else on the books etc. Looks like a lot of people would like more flexibility.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely this. I have accountants access to clients accounts I want to limit my staff so they don't have the ability to make checks or ACH payments but still have the ability to enter bills and transactions.

• Meta4 Foods commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had wanted to use the QB mobile app for my delivery drivers so that they could take signatures directly into invoices but without an option for limited access, the drivers are then privy to all sales history for the company. this is not a workable option obviously.

Each section should have assignable rights. My main goal is to block payroll from everyone, but I can't do that because in order to do some things they need to do - payroll is automatically included which is crazy. That's one of the most confidential things in a business. This means that when a customized invoice for a contractor is needed - I have to stop what I'm doing, go into the invoice and set it to the correct invoice template. This should be something anyone with access to create an invoice should do.

I also had to take over doing the bank deposits.

I'm not that concerned with them seeing the check register - I need payroll blocked so I don't have to disrupt my days doing things they should have access to do.

It would help to let the staff have access without being able to see check registers.

• Kagan Mustafa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want my users to be able to see our reports and sales. I want my project managers to be able to issue estimates but not see the numbers for other staff / sales / etc.

About Time all that Asking the question, Now the Question i when will it be compleated???

• VPController commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They do listen. It took 1700 days and 2200 votes to put that Under Review tab. Let's see how long it will take to "Completed" status.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Users

Feedback and Knowledge Base