I suggest you ...

Enable a Sales Rep to be assigned to a Customer/Client

Make it possible in the Edit Client Information Screen to assign a Sales Rep to a Client. This would enable quick reporting of Sales by Rep

951 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kori SandersKori Sanders shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Beth TerryBeth Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! When we converted from QB Desktop to QBO, we lost all of our historical sales by rep data. We set up Departments in QBO to function in the way we used to use for reps, but we can't pull reports for previous periods because the sales rep data from Desktop is gone. And if we ever decide to go back to Desktop, our Department data will be gone.

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ABSOLUTELY! the lack of this after attempting to migrate over from Quickbooks Premier Manufacturing to QBO Plus is going to be the number one reason (of many) that we revert to using QBDesktop on our internal servers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I give commissions to sales reps and need to figure that out manually now. I would be able to use this function in QB desktop.

• ShellyShelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this, it doesn't make sense to have to manually add each sales rep by invoice in order to pull a sales report by sales rep.

• ShellyShelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this asap! It doesn't make sense that it needs to be manually added to each invoice every time when accounts/ customers are almost always under a certain sales rep

• YolandaYolanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to assign a sales rep to a transaction (invoice/sales receipt) and be able to track it via a report in QuickBooks Online.

Yes please add sales rep in the client set up. This way we do not have to add it to every invoice manually.

I agree with all below. What is the hold-up on this one? It seems like a very straightforward process to add a sales rep based on the Customer in the Customer Information screen.

• JoeMJoeM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take a look at a post called "Using SharePoint Online & Power BI Desktop to Solve the QuickBooks Online Salesperson Commission Void" on https://sp4smallbiz.com.

It provides an approach to fill the salesperson reporting void in QuickBooks Online. It also points out that you don't need to use SharePoint if you don't have it.

• Brian PorterBrian Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this feature. Even if the Sales Rep field at the customer level just defaulted the field when an invoice is created, that would be a big plus.

This is such a simple fix - and so useful. I am constantly annoyed by this feature being missing.

This would cut down administration time and this way we can pay our sales people accurate commission with few errors.

• Steve BrubeckSteve Brubeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely useful for the majority of business, we are using workarounds that are time consuming and have higher potential for error. The commission % is absolutely necessary as certain sales (self-generated vs. leads, etc) may be commissioned differently. Also, most sales rep for a small business will be paid commission when payment is received, but some may pay based on invoicing, so option to have a report generated based on payments/deposits or invoice or sales receipts or combination would be best. Right now, I pull up my deposit reports have to determine which sales rep owns account (because we can't even add column for sales rep that populates, this seems like a development oversight that should be easily fixed in meantime) and then creat my own excel report with entry of customer, date of payment, amount, comission percentage

• Nick C.Nick C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our accounting firm compensation is based on who's client was serviced. This feature is essential in that process.

• jmolony@e-vos.comjmolony@e-vos.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Sales Rep field should be a drop down, not a single line of text. Data entry errors with Sales Reps are not acceptable because someone's wages depend on the accuracy. This field should be a drop down from a list of Sales Reps created inside QBO. It would also be great if we could assign a Sales Manager to the individual Sales Rep on the list where the drop down pulls its data.

• Mark EdwardsMark Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree. We need this. Too much risk of error for accounting to enter at the transaction level each time and this is a basic accounting need in most businesses. Please consider programming a commission % to be assigned to the sales rep at the client screen as well.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base