I suggest you ...

Allow multiple windows. It's annoying and inefficient to only have access to 1 window at a time. Makes us want to return to desktop app.

In desktop app, I could work in multiple windows. I could work in a register and see the effect in a report real time. The online version doesn't allow for that, as far as I can tell, and it's INCREDIBLY ANNOYING and INEFFICIENT.

369 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Media AgentsMedia Agents shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sandra SmithSandra Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes...please fix this. I waste so much time trying to get back to where I was, and is especially annoying if working with reports. If I navigate away form a report, I have to go back and re-customize it or go the customized version and open it again....and if I'm luck I will not get a warning saying "something is wrong. We are working on it" !!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen, Amen, AMEN !!! A point of real advantage for the desktop version. Makes for smoother, faster work flow and less stress as you get more done with less effort. elj :-]

• MaudienneMaudienne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request isn't completed! And I cannot VOTE for the request either because "QB Admin" has responded with "completed". I am very unhappy as a ProAdvisor that I am not able to toggle in between multiple views and info of a customer when reviewing their books. Like in QBD with the open window view option. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO INVENT SOMETHING FROM SCRATCH?, WHEN THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH QBD! Just "copy" the QBD version and make a online version of it. When I learned about QBO I though that you did just that, but now that I'm working will it, it is very frustrating that I need to contact Help everyday for something that is missing and we are use to in QBD and is unthinkably missing in QBO. Intuit should be ashamed, you can do better than this with all the years of experience of QBD. :(

• KirstyKirsty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's May 2015, and there is no Window option. It wasn't fixed/updated. As for opening multiple internet tabs, this is not a smart option since each tab consumes computer resources.

• Mosey LevyMosey Levy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thats lame though.
        i want to be able to right click something in the qbo interface and choose open in new tab - just like every other instance on the web. your links are clickable.

• KatherineKatherine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can open a new window by using Ctrl+N. Once you get back to your login page in the new window you can view other pages at the same time.

• Architecture OfficeArchitecture Office commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While true that you can have QB Online opened in multiple tabs/windows I'd like to point out that only the tab/window I'm working in will stay logged in to my online account. So if I switch back to another tab which I haven't visited in a while, I'll often have to log back in which brings me back to the home page and not to the page/location I wanted to open.
        Also, I have my QB Online set to stay logged on for the max amount of time, 3 hrs, but I've noticed that when I have multiple tabs open I am logged out in less then 3 hours regardless of the setting choice.

• LucinaLucina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree it is very annoying and inefficient. I would be in the middle of a long and tedious task (invoicing unbilled charges or generating statements) and I will be interrupted with a task I have do take care of immediately, like a client calling to make a credit card payment, or wanting to discuss their balance and I have to stop what I am doing, take care of the matter and then go back and start all over again.

I was unaware I can open mutliple browsers, although I had tried previously to open two browsers with QBO and open 2 separte accounts and it was not allowed, so I had assumed you could not open multiple browswers under 1 account. I have now tried it, and it seems to work, but there are several other issues I hate about QBO and do not recommend this version to anyone, not even my enemies.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree & will try this ( Windows 7) at least you can see two screens side by side at once- I'm new to online version - Have discovered when you are in QB online you can use the back page arrow at left of browser line within QB & get back to where you were without re-selecting where you were before you opened last feature.

• Media AgentsMedia Agents commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's possible and we were doing that until it bombed (on Mac OS 10.6.8 in Firefox 13.0.1) and QBO put up a box saying that it doesn't work with multiple browser window open, please close this window. We'll try to break it again, screen cap the error and send it to you. Meanwhile, if you can set it up to live update across tabs/windows (not sure how that's possible), that would be SUPER!

• SerroSerro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This used to work great (opening multiple tabs), but in the last few months I've had nothing but issues. If I open an invoice in 1 tab, and a PO in another, many times the invoice will fail to save after entering information. I don't have the exact error, but if this is officially supported, I'll open a trouble ticket.

• DarthDarth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While there is no live update between windows, you can open QBO in multiple browser tabs or windows. Just that you may have to refresh to see updated data. If you are using Chrome as your browser, you can just right click on the tab on top and click duplicate and it will create another browser tab with QBO. Otherwise you can just copy paste the URL.

Feedback and Knowledge Base