I suggest you ...

Fix the emailing a client a statement/invoice problem

Currently we have no idea if an emailed invoice/statement has reached its intended recipient. Make it so we see if emails were delivered, bounced, etc

217 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Diana HopkinsDiana Hopkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the email address used to send invoices/ estimates / etc.to be my company email address.
        Many customers have filters which do not allow them to get invoice from intuit's email address.

• bobbob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a checkbox in the messages section of the company set-up. The checkbox says "Email me a copy." Now -- give us a field where we can enter the email address. We want the copies to go to our A/R clerk -- not to the company contact and not to our sales contact. If you are concerned about making this too hard for most users, then just give us the field and default it to the email address that already exists for the company contact or sales contact. Make us all happy!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when is your next update scheduled? The completion date here is listed as 11/6/13. I desperately need this feature. Please notify me when it is available. Thanks Company ID: 1338904120

• JordanJordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please put a "Pay Now" link in the Statement? That would help very much.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish we could have two emails per client. One for invoices and one for estimates.

• Pierre JohnsonPierre Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally quickbooks would offer a few different email options so each of us can choose what we prefer: HTML or plain text, links or attachments, links that expire or not, password protected PDF or unprotected PDF, request a read receipt, track reading by embedded image tracker, etc

• Pierre JohnsonPierre Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another option is like Freshbooks where the email contains a URL link used to download the invoice. when the customer downloads the invoice then this is logged in quickbooks for us to see. This avoids plaintext attachments. The URL link would be encrypted with an unguessable sequence and could expire after download. the email could have another link to send feedback concerning the invoice. If the link has expired then a web page would explain this and allow the customer to request another email with a new link. We would receive this request and confirm before sending a new link.

• HeatherHeather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also add that the HTML email horribly distorts your logo which looks unprofessional so you need to revert to plain text. This is not as sophisticated at Blinksale which does a fabulous job in emailing, status of receipt, branding your company and allowing approval of estimates with one click. If you could make those kind of enhancements it would help the emailing problem and my additional problem with the HTLM treatment of my brand.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's a better idea than read receipts - look at how Yesware (the popular Gmail plugin) works. It embeds a tiny 1x1 pixel gif in emails you send and then if that image is ever requested on the server, Yesware knows that someone has opened the message (assuming they hit the "Show Images" button in their mail client).

The image URLs have a special ID parameter after them and thats how the server keeps track of which is which.

• Stanley QuayleStanley Quayle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The email standards allow for a "read receipt". That could be enabled for all emails, or just some.

The problem is that some email clients allow recipients to decline sending that receipt. There's no work-around for that.

• Stanley QuayleStanley Quayle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should happen for all email deliveries, including PO's to vendors, etc.

Since an email could be a list, separated by commas, we need to track delivery, bounce, etc. for each address.

Of course, bounces from things like report delivery to yourself can't be delivered by email. It would create an infinite loop. In that case, we need a warning under "Messages and Tasks" on the home page.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be fantastic, many email marketing programs use some clever ways to tell if the email was read. That would make invoicing via email great!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base