I suggest you ...

Please Give us Sales Orders that can be partially Invoiced! While staying Open!

In the Desk top version there are sales orders that could be partially Invoiced if some of the work was complete or something was on Back order. The Balance of the Sales order that was not Invoiced stayed Open and could be Invoiced when Finished!

502 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan K shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Renee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sales Orders are so needed. We relied on them in our Desktop version and had no idea they were not a feature in the online version. We now have to keep another separate listing which means double the work. It was great to go right from a sales order to an invoice. Please add this feature soon..........for the $$, it should be there.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on QBO team!! This feature is a deciding factor for me and many more businesses. Let's add it.

YES! This would help w/ a Recurring Credit card Payment Receipt DECLINES... it would leave the balance OPEN.. not just give us a message that "your books will be off until you receive payment".. what the heck is that???

• mcogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The absence of this feature is forcing me to leave QB Online. I don't want to leave but I have to have this feature. I've been asking for it for four years and have never received a response as to if it will ever be added.

• Diana Fe C. Mantalaba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kindly immediately add sales order to your feature list.

We don't just run and manage our business without orders previously made. We hope to enjoy the service we pay for. Without it, we have to maintain extra worksheet to facilitate order monitoring, which is contrary to Quickbooks' claim of making accounting easier and more convenient.

I am looking forward for the announcement of the availability of the feature. We wanted to make things right at the onset of the year. It saddens me how this was missed out.

• John Hoyenga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree.

Our business can not use QBO until this is added. This is really disappointing considering the awesome flexibility QBO gives us with our accountant and our users.

Definitely needed and not highlighted as a lac of function when considered moving to QBO

• Arthur Fair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such an Important part of the Quickbooks legend. We ALL need this feature added desperately.

Arthur F

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We love the flexibility that Quickbooks Online offers but we will have to cancel our subscription!!! Our business simply CANNOT function without sales orders and the ability to see the "On Sales Orders" column in the inventory. We tried to find a workaround but sadly there doesn't seem to be one.

Emphatically agree, and like the desktop version you should be able to convert the a Sales order to a Purchase Order for ease of ordering. Sadly this topic has been started at least a dozen times so the voting is split and this is not getting as much traction as it should. I personally will stick to desktop until this feature is added as this is a deal breaker for me

• Fred Lebhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

despiratly need and have been waiting for sales orders since day 1 -as a service business we create a sales order but invoice clients for milestones (3-4 milestones per project). this is a very standard approach to running a service nbusiness. HOWEVER we can't use QBO properly -we have to create a single invoice and put the terms in the body of the invoice as text, only...this screws up the aging (showing an invoice PAST DUE 90+ days for the remaining milestone) and makes it difficult to get payment on time from the client because there are no new invoices generated.

You can do better.

You already have the INVOICE and RECURRING functionality, just let us create x number of recurring invoices against the sales order and we're good.

PLEASE?!

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base