I suggest you ...

Please Give us Sales Orders that can be partially Invoiced! While staying Open!

In the Desk top version there are sales orders that could be partially Invoiced if some of the work was complete or something was on Back order. The Balance of the Sales order that was not Invoiced stayed Open and could be Invoiced when Finished!

1,081 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan K shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

157 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shawn Stahr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want to add more distributor customers to QBO you need to add sales orders. We have to be able to break up orders by what we can ship now and what we have to ship later. Sales orders is the only way I know that we can do this unless you have a work around. You have sales orders in desktop and enterprise versions---why not add it to QBO. If you add the feature I guarantee you will get more distributors and manufacturers as customers so why not add it now. We need it like yesterday. We are willing to be a Beta if needed.
        Thanks in advance!!

Shawn

• Ryan Neels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful to have Sales Order available in Quickbooks Online, similar to Quickbooks Desktop.

• Roman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our challenge was two-fold:
        - have a multi-user system
        - have sales orders
        both were absolute must to have. Since QBO doesn't have the latter we have switched to a hosted version of the Desktop edition. Let alone the fact that it's not very attractive price-wise the real issue is it is slow and inconvenient to work with. MSFT Dynamics was way too expensive and we didn't find a comprehensive alternative. Pretty disappointed that QB doesn't address the issue for so long.

• Abdul Manan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need Sales Order and shipment function.

What this function do is, Firstly you have a sales order, you create a sales order and send it to store department, when sales department make the sales order ready, you just need to pick a shipment option, As soon as you assign a sales order to shipped, it deduct the stock from inventory.

After shipping the sales order, then you need to create an invoice against this sales order.
        if the customer has more than one shipping, qbo should have the ability to add mulitiple shipments and sales orders in one invoice.

Please allow this feature, it is a very essential feature of any business. No business make invoice at same time it ships the products to the customers. Most of the bussinesss have mulitple shipments to customers than make a single invoice with all the sales orders or shipments.
        Thanks

• Thomas von Aesch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a trading business and without the feature of Sales Orders we cannot manage/reserve inventory for our clients. This unfortunately means QB Online at this point in time is a 'no go' for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just wasted a ton of my time uploading and correcting inventory only to turn around and find out I CAN'T IMPORT MY SALES DATA?!?!?! I am totally disappointed in the QBO.

Need the ability to convert Sales Orders to Estimates - or at least the ability to choose Estimates vs. Invoices in the conversion process.

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems I am not the only one disappointed with QBO, after over a decade of our company being on QB we moved to QBO at my urging for a cloud based system. I have been eating a little crow around here. People are now motivated to move but feel I have lead them astray. Thank you for that.

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge gap. I called tech support on this and after 10 minutes of trying to make it work I was told a lot of people have asked for this but it is not on any of the schedule release that he could see. Not sure how you could not have a standard feature for even small business systems.

A Sales Order (SO) is needed for a proper processing of Sales.
        When a customer accepts a quotation the "Estimate/Quotation" should be turned into a SO by one-click and from SO "Delivery Note" (DN) can be created, for total or partial delivery. And then from the SO or from the DN it is only one-click to the creation of the INVOICE.

• CK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow us to convert a purchase order to a sales order, list products at RRP plus wholesale price and another 2 or 3 prices of our choosing commission % on sales - with the option to do it by item and / or by invoice, apply a discount % on sales, allow us to sell through distributors and apply a commission rate % to each distributor. And that's just a start...

• GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure of your exact needs, but Zoho books+Zoho inventory is the most comprehensive cloud accounting system I have foind. All have their shortcomings, but QuickBooks needs to fall off the pedestal. They've done a horrible job providing a usable cloud service to their desktop users, and still to this day encourage switching desktop users in order to gain subscribers of a lesser system just to increase their revenue.

• Larry DeWitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we are long time Enterprise users that really wanted to make the QBO switch. This seems like such a simple add since the functionality should be similar to Invoices. Not sure why people have been waiting multiple years for a resolution. I agree totally that this is an epic fail and we are quite disappointed.

• CH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please ADD SALES ORDERS TO QUICKBOOKS ONLINE OR ME AND MANY OTHER BUSINESSES WILL BE GOING TO OTHER ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS.(OTHER THAN QUICKBOOKS). You have read many request for Sales Order options. It's pathetic you can't give your consumers what they need to operate there businesses.

HOW TO ADJUST INVOICED QUANTITY ON SALES ORDER.
        SOMETIME WE INVOICE AN ITEM TO CUSTOMER WITH OPEN SALES ORDER AND THE SALES ORDER DOES NOT SHOW UP TO APPLY TO INVOICE

• linda.ball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in total agreement with all of the other comments here. I have been asking QBO for 5 years now to offer a Sales Order or Confirmation option. They won't even let us change the name of the "Estimate" to "Sales Order" and use that as a workaround that would not confuse our customers.

This is an epic fail on the part of QBO!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base