I suggest you ...

Bank Reconciliation - multiple check selection feature

Include some sort of feature to select multiple cleared checks. Either enter beginning and ending check numbers for a range of checks to mark as cleared, or, allow dragging the mouse to highlight a range of checks to mark as cleared. The current "click, click, click, click, click..." by mouse is a painful waste of time!

294 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Emile Amarotico shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm stuck I was able to drag against the check mark at the top and it would check as many checks until I released the mouse button, I've clicked something and now it will only do it one check at a time and reloads and its taking hours, help please

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple recoding would facilitate a bulk delete action. please get this done- this request is 4 YEARs old! TIME = $

• Thomas M. Spade, CPA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm about to spend a few hours unclicking and saving as I undo my client's horribly wrong bank recs done before they migrated to QBO early last year. In QB desktop, you can simply undo reconciliations in minutes. Please put this feature, at least for Accountant functionality, in a future release!

• Trey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to sit here and click thousands of transactions. this is ridiculous

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Click and drag select used to work in the Mac 2012 version but it no longer works in the upgrades Mac 2015 or 2016. It's infuriating! I now have to CLICK, CLICK, CLICK for hours on hundreds of payment transactions. It takes me hours to do what I used to do in one single motion in under a minute, dragging through clicks for the whole month. Please bring this click and drag feature back to the reconcile window!

• Kathy G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Difficult to do when you have a large company with hundreds of transactions.

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I WOULD LOVE TO NOT HAVE TO USE THE MOUSE TO SELECT TRANSACTIONS DURING RECONCILATION!!!! It would be really nice and a huge time saver to be able to use the keyboard to select an item to include. Totally agree that the click, click, click is annoying.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similarly, I would add once a line is highlighted and checked via a mouse, please allow us to use either the space bar or the #5 on our keypad to select and check an item and then move to the next item on the list. Similarly, pressing #8 or #2 (or the up and down arrows) moves up or down on the list without changing the state of the check box.

I used the above on another software and it was much, much faster than using a mouse as in the current design.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sort them by date FIRST, rather than by CLEARED status. They will not update one-by-one, click-by-click, and will stay put so you can use the shift-click/click-and-drag methods mentioned here.

• Bryan Bostrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"QBOJoe.com says that multiple transactions can be selected in the bank reconciliation window by clicking one, and then holding shift and clicking another above or below. All transactions in between will be selected. "

QBOJoe.com says that this shift+click method works in the online banking Transactions menu (known as Bank Feeds in the desktop version) for selecting multiple transactions to Accept, Exclude, or Modify the transactions in a batch. However, this does not work in the reconciliation window unfortunately.

"QBOJoe.com says that multiple transactions can be selected in the bank reconciliation window by clicking one, and then holding shift and clicking another above or below. All transactions in between will be selected. "

this does not work in QBO, you must either select them one-by-one, or select them all, and unselect them one-by-one.
        There needs to be a better, and more efficient way to do this!

QBOJoe.com says that multiple transactions can be selected in the bank reconciliation window by clicking one, and then holding shift and clicking another above or below. All transactions in between will be selected. This is much better than click click clicking, and almost as good as click-n-drag.

> "The current "click, click, click, click, click..." by mouse is a painful waste of time!"

Fully agree. In the desktop version one could scroll up & down with the arrow keys and use the spacebar to mark an item cleared. No problems with small bank recs, but when your bank statement has multiple pages of transactions, the mouse is way too slow.

In the "OLD" reconciliation, you are able to "select all" or "clear all". That is a GREAT option I would like to see applied in "NEW" reconciliation. In my bank accounts MOST transactions clear each month. It is much more efficient to "SELECT ALL" & UNCHECK those deposits & checks that have NOT cleared. It is VERY time-consuming to CLICK CLICK CLICK to clear each deposit & check that HAS cleared. I will continue to use "OLD RECONCILIATION" as long as possible. PLEASE RE-INSTATE THAT OPTION TO "SELECT ALL" in bank reconciliations.

I would like to be able to click and drag down, too. "Anonymous" is right: Matt's suggestion to drag mouse doesn't work!

• Emile Amarotico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not able to select multiple checks by dragging the mouse down as Matt suggests. I've tried in both Firefox and Explorer.

I just tried this, and it doesn't work. Matt's comment to click the first check and drag the mouse downward.

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Reconcile

Feedback and Knowledge Base