I suggest you ...

Make the full QBO web app work on touch/tablet devices (iPad, Android) - NOT a scaled down version of it

Refresh QBO's UI to get rid of out dated stuff
Enable the full website on the iPad, not the scaled down iPhone version.

This feature request is related to the "web app" and not a native app for QBO on such devices

1,420 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminQuickBooks Care (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

While this update is a little late, and should hopefully come as no surprise, the mobile web browsing experience mimics the desktop-browsing experience in QuickBooks Online as of February 2016.

For more details, see:
    http://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/quickbooks-online-release-notes-february-2016/

Or, go to qbo.intuit.com on your browser and click “sign in” to view the mobile experience.

Note: This is not the same as the mobile App experience, which is still being updated with support for more features.

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • whitney Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love the QBO App to be able to do Credits and all other functions you can do on your laptop/pc as my clients do things on the go and thats what QBO is all about doing your books on the go.... pointless in having to get home from a long day and having to do things on pc because they couldnt do it when they needed too during the day on their IPAD
        Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just updated my QBO App on my phone and was disappointed that a credit memo function was not there. Would be good to know why this is getting overlooked, I run a food distribution business and it is really important for a driver to be able to send a credit while on the road

• Candice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would really benefit from being able to preauthorize payments. Please include this in future updates. Thank you.

NO, NO, NO. I'm not talking about within a browser. Make the actual app function the way the rest of Quickbooks does. I have many clients who REFUSE to learn a new UI. The current QB app is all but useless. Let's see some consistency.

• Elvin BeerMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to create credit memos on the mobile device is essential to us; Abnormal Beer Co give "Keg Credits" every time a customer give us a keg back (they then get a refund on the deposit they had to pay). Being able to do this through our delivery guys would not only make our accounting easier, but making our customers happier being that they would be able to use the credit right away for that invoice.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intuit is great at taking your monthly fee and not giving any usable updates. I would of liked to see this too, but with the way things have been going with them over the years I don't see this happening.
        They have this feedback feature, but don't moderate it or look at it. Or, the person that does is from some foreign call center and can't read English..... Sad but true.

• Mrs. G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - I was in a rush to just see my desktop for account balances but the view was totally different. I looked like an idiot in my meeting. I also want to be able to quickly review a report and or see how much money is left in the budget for a particular account. So annoying,

I just want to add credit memo to the app. not sure why it doesn't have it when it is basically the same as an invoice

The ability to add check numbers on the IOS app really why wasn't it there from the beginning?

• Stanley Quayle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Android app is worthless for me. I have products and services with sub-items. For example, I have a product "CV", with a sub-item of "L", making it "CV:L". Product "CA" also has the same sub-item, making it "CA:L". But in the Android app, I only see "L". And one of those L's are 3x the cost of the other.

I will say that the web-based not-mobile site is completely usable on my tablet (it's a bit painful on my phone, but it does work there, too).

I also need purchase order capabilities on the iPad version. If not, at least allow us access to the full site!

• Francois Chauvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accounting primary function starts with data entry to be preformed while we are seated at a desk with paperwork available, 2 feet on the floor, and eventually a pencil to take notes on notepad. The approach of this QBO update, that I call a "degrade" compare to the previous version, is pathetic and does not even meet the basic requirements of an accounting standard operating procedure and the best accounting practices. Have access to QBO with IPAD and phone might be convenient for some functions but more critical are the efficiency of the data entry. Make the format, printing, and data entry to meet the standard of accounting procedure, please !!!

• Barbara Berg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would like to be able to use this fully on my Android device . I just tried and am not able to edit the expense category on the transaction that has been downloaded

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't google maps javascript heavy? Their webapp seems to work quite nicely and did so before their was a native app (when Apple unleashed their own flawed maps system). I don't build websites or apps, but the company I work for does both, and almost everyone wants responsive sites now, not native apps. Feel free to message me if you want to discuss further.

• Kareem Badr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is not resolved. I just picked up a Kindle Fire HDX and tried to load QBO in Chrome. Even when loading the desktop version, with the Chrome option, I get the QB screen telling me that my browser does not play nice with QBO, and I need to update my browser. Super frustrating.

• redracer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a deal breaker not being able to login using the browser. Doesn't make sense why you can't use the browser instead of being forced to use the app which is very limited.

I wouldn't have a problem using the app if it had the full features as the website. I will give it until my trial expires and won't sign up if the browser is not support on the iPad.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this issue now possibly be considered "addressed" to some degree with the recent release and promised follow-ons, so that it does not continue to draw a large volume of voters away from other issues?

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: UI Infrastructure

Feedback and Knowledge Base