Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  QBO TeamAdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

906 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if it also suported different fonts - all unicode fonts. We need to make an invoice in a different language but it is currently impossible.

The best solution would be to support foreign keyboards.

The next best would be supporting unicode fonts (like Quickbooks desktop). E.g Limon S1 (Khmer font)

The 'import' is good apart from supporting fonts.

It needs to be more flexible like the desktop version

• S HamptonS Hampton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I set the number format for quantity to two decimals? Sometimes the quantity is a whole number, so the decimal places drop off. Would like to see them consistently set at 2 places for uniform formatting purposes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with an earlier question/observation: How do I change "BALANCE DUE" to a smaller font size? It is obnoxiously too big and not in line with our branding. It just screams "YOU OWE US".

• LindseyLindsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about an update to this suggestion/request.... it's been 4 years and 5k votes since it was first asked. We're 1 year since the last QB Admin response.

Where are we now with Purchase Order Customization? I can customize an invoice, but that's it...

I need a total for the time period selected on estimates and invoices by customer. The old quickbooks had this and it was so easy to compare year to year. My accountant needs this and so do I to figure out estimated tax payments. Frustarting!

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see the ability to remove the "Accepted By" and "Accepted Date" from Estimates. For businesses such as mine that utilize Agreements/Contracts, this is confusing to Clients as they think the Estimate is the Agreement/Contract.

• GaryGary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really cool if QuickBooks online can make it possible for the user to upload their own design.

• gswnumbers2gswnumbers2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why you don't have a decent sales tax report that breaks out resale, exempt, taxable, etc. so we can compute a sales tax return. What I see is kind of pathetic and utterly useless.

• GRRRRRRRR!GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You better go back to PRO, QBO doesn't get any better, I promise you. It's one disappointment after another and an engineering team that does NOT address customer needs. QBO is as far from "QuickBooks" as water is from oil. The two are nothing alike.

RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!

• Frustrated!!!!Frustrated!!!! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just switched from QB Pro. We are already frustrated!!!
        We cannot choose different invoice templates for invoicing different customers....unless you have Company admin access!!! I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving Admin level (company wide) access to someone who is just raising invoices and recording bills. After seeing all these complaints for years, I'm not very hopeful that we would be a QBO customer for very long.

• sarasara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am UNABLE to print an invoice or estimate that will print in the order they were entered onto the page. I don't want to change the format as suggested by an email received from intuit. I agree with you the the original format that I entered the estimates and invoices into do not print I just don't understand how they can allow this to continue. It is so unprofessional. Even when sent to customer and they want to print it , it does the same thing. It confuses my customers and me too.

• BradBrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Souring on this product rapidly. Qty. rate. Tax headers on my invoices and estimates don't show on the printed version or the preview. Talked to the help line and they sent it to engineering but I haven't heard back in over a week. Anyone else having problems with their invoices/estimates

• ELSA TreasurerELSA Treasurer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really customise invoice templates. For instance different logo, different customer message etc. And please add bank details to the invoice as well. This is urgent!

As accountants trying to encourage our clients to switch to QBO, this is the thing that is preventing them from doing so. The doc.x they hate and find difficult and they hate the limited templates and lack of ability to customise the invoices fully. We have been promised improvements for so long and are still waiting. The ability to customise invoices in desktop was a great selling point, and must be improved in QBO to persuade clients to switch.

• GRRRRRRRR!GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO redefines the word shortfall. BUT to the previous poster, you can add a "subtotal" line as you're adding invoice line items. Just click the button on screen as you're working on the invoice

There is not an easy solution to add subtotals to the sales receipt within the form itself. This was an option within the desktop version. Why did you not add this obvious feature?

• ShehzadShehzad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I import style but when i creating invoice for customer it showing only the Stander one not my import one.
        I want to show my Import invoice while i creating invoice so that i also enter customer item number.

Things dfon't seem to have moved on much since July 2. I am new to the Online version having used Desktyop for 10+ years. this seems a step backwards. I want to put a job address on the invoice so that the customer knows where work was done (not a shipping address), but don't need all the associated fields such as shipping number, trackings etc. In the desktop version we were able to fully customise fields and place them anywhere on the invoice. This appears non existant in the Online version.

Feedback and Knowledge Base