or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

1008 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • peter@nwcr.co commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Online Quickbooks: Please give us the ability to make our own invoices & estimates the 3 choices of looks for invoices and estimates it terrible. I have to make my actual invoice and estimate I send my clients on excel because the Quickbooks format is terrible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Changing font size is very important, having a lot of elderly customers, this version is impossible to read

• Stacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any tricks for fitting the gst/hst in the column so that the t doesn't show on a separate line. Or can I just change the gst/hst to hst? If so, where do I do that?

• Rudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great and all, but the old customization features that were taken out were also handy (like take out the title because it shows the company name twice if the logo contains the address), there is no option to place the logo where they want (right, center, left).. All the old things that the customize used to have are glaring oversights and it is asinine that these are not across the board part of the program. What is even more frustrating is the "different views" running in tandem. Why or how is it fair to the front end user that some people get the features that were originally there, but other people don't.

Get it together Intuit.

• Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am GREATLY looking forward to upload invoice templates, and grouping by activity type. Congrats on finishing your internal upgrade of the technology supporting formts.

I am currently not able to save the customization changes that I would like to make to invoices. There is no 'save' option on the actual page where I am choosing 'upload logo', backgrounds, layout, etc...

• Claire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will these changes allow me to customize my company's information at the top of the form. It would be nice to be able to change the name, email and phone number by the invoice rather than having to change the entire Company Contact Info or having to go into the customize settings buried under the gear => Company Settings => Form Delivery => Customize => Header Information (which really only allows you to remove information rather than change it). I suppose I can save to PDF, take it into Photoshop, Delete and replace the header with a header of my own design, but that is a lot of work for something that should be as easy as setting up multiple invoice templates that show up in a drop down menu. It's just another example of "clean design" leading to a lack of functionality, and despite being a professional design company, we truly believe function must lead form, because a pretty invoice is useless if it doesn't have the right information.

When you increased the font size, you didn't increase the size of the box that the Bill To address prints in - now all my customer names and addresses wrap.

Also, we had to take the Ship To addresses off the invoices because they show up in the same window with the Bill To address.

Please, please fix these things.

Too many categories for business expenses, and the whole setup is confusing. Whatever happened to basic accounting. Two Columns, Debit and Credit. Right now my whole accounting is messed up on QB. And auto changing categories has got to go. For example, when I use the Walmart Card, it always automatically changes all expenses on that card to Gasoline. It was better in excel when I entered my receipts one at a time by myself. Connecting other accounts has turned into on big boondoggle of confusion. I have to go through line by line and correct all that is wrong. Definitely not worth the money I am paying for the online subscription. It is adding many hours to my workload.

• Juan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this QB online, nice idea and very easy (or maybe there is not more choices) i just want to start using it !, but I hate how looks the invoices and estimates form.

How are you going to send a estimate for more than hundred thousand to a big firm of designers with your poor form design, please, fix that and quick, we have dead lines, spring is here, last week i did my first three estimates in Word, simple, plus the logo, Its a shame for this.

• VPController commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As you know, your first comment was on November 06, 2013. Today is March 28, 2014. Since we are in accounting business, we've a habit of counting days. Big thanks in order for announcing improvements after 142 days.

Still “Kitty” customization! Granted you acknowledged, you have a long way to go.

As another user already noticed up front, the “Quantity” column do not fit in the space. It cuts off after "Quantit" and "Y" falls in another line. Surely, you could fix this within next 24 hours or by Monday morning (3/31/2014).

Why Quantity has two decimal places like 1.00? Normally item quantity should show as just 1, not 1.00. Could you also fix that by Tuesday (4/1/2014).

Hopefully we would need to wait until August 17th, 20014 (142 days again) to hear from you.

Thank you again for update.

The one change you made that my boss and I were not happy about was you boldened the headers on all the columns, so now when we print invoices we're using a heck of a lot more ink. It would be nice if you thought about that before you made those types of changes.

Have just started using QBO and have found this problem on my first invoice.

Surely it cant be that difficult to make the templates for estimate, invoice and sales receipt fit a standard window envelope.

And why, on your own template, does the word "Quantity" not fit in the space you provide? That makes us all look very shoddy.

Please fix soon....very soon

• Donna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started using QB Online and the options for customizing an invoice are horrible! At least offer one layout that doesn't have grayscale on it and a font that can be increased to actually see it - I am using a laser printer and the print out still looks cheap and unprofessional. Before I was able to create a much better looking invoice just using my Excel that I didn't have to pay for every month. Thinking hard about switching back to that. Please let us create our own customized invoice - our own fonts, images, placement !

• Travis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love of god at least let us adjust the font size. At a minimum allow that. The recent increase in font size no longer allows the word quantity to fit in the column. Quantity is extremely common. Why would it be made so that can no longer be used properly. We can track quantity using QBO, but you can't use the word in invoices. What thought process is being used here. It also effected addresses I invoice. They take up 6 lines instead of 4. I have to use more paper and ink. Text I put in a custom field no longer fits nicely. What year is it?

This is very poor forward thinking on Quickbooks part to NOT have invoices customizable with fonts. The printing of invoices on their new online Quickbooks totally stinks!!

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm giving this about 2 more weeks, then I'm canceling for sure. No idea what Intuit is thinking on this one...

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base