• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

968 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nov 6, 2013

In our new version we have started this work and will be rolling it out over the next few months.

IT'S MARCH 2014!!

• piskov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back invoice customization feature. Our company pays very close attention to the way all our documentation looks, and we want to keep our invoices in style with the rest of our correspondence. We are so frustrated with how our invoices look right now that we might go as far as abandoning the product altogether and moving back to the desktop edition. Please note that we just migrated to QBOE and were not ready to see this option gone.

New home screen sucks. Old home screen not so bad. Where's the map? I want it back!!!

The new version of QB online is not an upgrade it is limited on the customization of your invoice and a number of other things.

Please allow better invoicing customizing at this point I have duplicate company name showing on my invoice and it looks like a mistake and unprofessional

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Going to have to cancel the subscription - I can't send these invoices and frankly I can't see them make the required changes and I can't wait and I can not understand how the company would put this out to begin with - i looked at the product but this never even occurred to me ...

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just switched to the online version. Customizing invoices is very inadequate.

• Chantal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The invoice templates given and the extremely limited customization is unacceptable. The name of my company does not fit and there's nothing I can do!!! If I could change the font or its size, but that is not possible. That's really basic programming stuff and there is no reason why some of the functions that have always been offered in other Quickbooks version are no longer offered.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the online version, the 3 custom fields on the invoices, rather than typing in items each invoice, it would be nice to "hard code" in some items for the same customer.

Invoices in online version need to have quantity ordered, quantity shipped and quantity backordered columns. We had to pay an service to code our delivery tickets and invoices to work with Quickbooks online because of the shortcomings of your online invoices. We cannot invoice something that will not be shipped for several weeks because we are manufacturing it.

This cost us thousands of dollars!!!

Invoices in online version need to have Quantity and Rate separated. Currently it is either both or neither, and I only want QUANTITY! Disaster for my business.

• Kevin Rantanen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AMEN!!!! These invoices look ridiculous and the font is faint and tiny of a couple of them.

These invoice templates do not even line up correctly in a Standard #10 window envelope. :(

At least bring back the standard QB template.

• gene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to customize packing slips and invoices like we can in the Qb Desktop version. Online is lacking here by alot.

• reesa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Harmony users are not happy. Please update us and let us know if you are going to continue to develop this area. Many people are extremely disappointed.

And why do the invoices not fit into the window envelopes that INTUIT sells?? This was a major oversight in the process.

• Chris Madarasz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a large number of clients that I would like to start migrating over to QBO. However, until this issue (the ability to modify form layouts, column widths, etc) is resolved, it doesn't matter how many "incentives" I receive... I will not be rolling any clients over.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base