Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  QBO TeamAdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

906 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WesleyWesley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not familiar with the desktop version features, but one change that would help me out is to be able to customize the heading of the "Ship To" box. My company provides a service, and therefore doesn't ship. However, because I service buildings, I would like the option to change "Ship To" to "Building Serviced" or something to that effect.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Formatting invoices is the most frustrating thing for me in QBO. We charge clients for time and vendor invoices but do not always want to provide that detail. Should be able to totally override what shows up on the invoice.

• Scott E. Zakalik, CPAScott E. Zakalik, CPA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree! We should be able to customize the invoice fields and spacing to the extent you can with the desktop version. This is the only thing that it preventing me from migrating from the desktop version to the online version. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

• EliseElise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, and add options to insert graphics into the body of the invoice (and not just the header area for the company logo).

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, be able to differentiate the invoice date from the services performed date. In my business I want the income for the service being invoiced to be booked to the same month the expenses for those services were incurred. Currently, when you enter a date in the Invoice date field the application puts the income in the same period. I need to be able to invoice in July for income I want to be booked in June. If, in July I date the invoice in June to get the income where I want that invoice aging is not correct.

1 2 42 43 44 46 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base