or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Josie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes what is real soon mean. I need it now! We use special paper for our invoices as her perform services. the paper is costly and your font size and uncustomizable invoice are cost me an arm and a leg in our special paper.

• carol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i wish i would of seen this before i bought this product. i thought it would be like desk top version very unhappy,used quick books for years now i just wasted my money

• Chris Meakin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have converted from desktop and have a trial running at the moment. I can see you will gradually be making improvements to what is currently the very weak area of invoice templates but, in order for us to sign up, we would have to be able to get our logo bigger (very landscape in format) and change the wording of the airy template heading from 'Tax invoice' to 'Invoice', which doesn't seem to be possible at the moment. Any chance as a short-term fix?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The font size is so small on the invoices when it is printed. My customers are complaining.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the past, the invoices would document the employee’s name along with their respective time charge activity. Every since quickbooks has “updated”, those details no longer appear. The invoices now only documents the time charge activity WITHOUT the respective employee. We’ve went through all of the steps of customizing the invoice layout, but that doesn’t seem to help. If this feature is no longer available, my company may have to explore other online accounting firms. Any suggestions?

We need to be able to fully customise invoices and other forms along with emails.
        I cannot believe that using a new cloud based service actually makes my company look cheap and un-professional. The logo is barely readable and the layout is fixed.
        This is not good and needs fixing as a matter of urgency. Other software and desktop versions can do it so why limit the cloud version??

• KK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm extremely frustrated and haven't even used Quickbooks for over a month. I've been spending more time figuring this out and it's costing me money. Please advise.

• Shanon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A long long long way to go, the layout designer reminds me of the software used on my brother floppy Microsoft works!! You can't do much of anything to customize your forms esp page 2, lining up tabs does not exist without a very steady hand, trial & error for hours. It's basically a joke, the whole Quickbooks needs a good competitor, then they may think about getting it together. You gotta pay pay pay, for everything, forced upgrades, by stopping your emailing, oops times up, then just wait til you hit a certain kilobyte, they will try to force you on to qb Enterprise. 1000$ + . Watch you inventory entries too many and it will use up your space quota, two non English speaking intuit tech support told me I had to upgrade to enterprise. You cannot delete inventory, even when you never use it, making it inactive won't reduce your file size..............

When is this likely to be complete.....it's very frustrating and I am now having to consider using another program!

• Dayna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this issue. This is not usable and paying for something that is not usable is not good business practice. Please help my business stay with QB online.

• peter@nwcr.co commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Online Quickbooks: Please give us the ability to make our own invoices & estimates the 3 choices of looks for invoices and estimates it terrible. I have to make my actual invoice and estimate I send my clients on excel because the Quickbooks format is terrible.

Changing font size is very important, having a lot of elderly customers, this version is impossible to read

• Stacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any tricks for fitting the gst/hst in the column so that the t doesn't show on a separate line. Or can I just change the gst/hst to hst? If so, where do I do that?

• Rudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great and all, but the old customization features that were taken out were also handy (like take out the title because it shows the company name twice if the logo contains the address), there is no option to place the logo where they want (right, center, left).. All the old things that the customize used to have are glaring oversights and it is asinine that these are not across the board part of the program. What is even more frustrating is the "different views" running in tandem. Why or how is it fair to the front end user that some people get the features that were originally there, but other people don't.

Get it together Intuit.

• Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am GREATLY looking forward to upload invoice templates, and grouping by activity type. Congrats on finishing your internal upgrade of the technology supporting formts.

I am currently not able to save the customization changes that I would like to make to invoices. There is no 'save' option on the actual page where I am choosing 'upload logo', backgrounds, layout, etc...

• Claire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will these changes allow me to customize my company's information at the top of the form. It would be nice to be able to change the name, email and phone number by the invoice rather than having to change the entire Company Contact Info or having to go into the customize settings buried under the gear => Company Settings => Form Delivery => Customize => Header Information (which really only allows you to remove information rather than change it). I suppose I can save to PDF, take it into Photoshop, Delete and replace the header with a header of my own design, but that is a lot of work for something that should be as easy as setting up multiple invoice templates that show up in a drop down menu. It's just another example of "clean design" leading to a lack of functionality, and despite being a professional design company, we truly believe function must lead form, because a pretty invoice is useless if it doesn't have the right information.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base