Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  QBO TeamAdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

906 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Annie DeSouzaAnnie DeSouza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Switched online recently and unfortunately it will not work for us and we will be switching back to the desktop. In the invoicing side, it does not allow you to customized it enough to add a unit column in order for us to properly charge our customers. We are a wholesale Foods Distributor that sales items in cases, singular items, and by weight. So when we are selling chicken for example; the invoice needs to show the product (chicken) - unit (1cs or 1pc) - quantity (weight or quantity number) - price for item - total amount for that item. QuickBooks online does not have that capability at this current time. If it did, our sales guys would be able to get orders entered into QuickBooks more efficiently while on the road. QuickBooks is a great product, but the online version is lacking big time on the invoicing side....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We sell apparel and are in dire need to add one or two columns to the Invoice form(s) to include, say, size and color selector fields (drop-down). In researching this with QB onlin, we've discovered that, at least in the online version, there is no allowance to fulfill such a simple task, in spite that many other Quickbooks users have made similar requests. As a newcomer to QB online, I am just wondering how much longer will users need to wait before the development team pay attention or simply state that it's never going to be an option (??). It would seem that for all practical purposes easy request, as at the risk of dating myself, even back in 1979 two business students did it while developing the first spreadsheet program "VisiCalc". I've also tried with the so-called customizable .docx forms and they also don't pass the mustard. Perhaps the team should have gone with mimicking a similar Microsoft product instead, namely Excel, as even in that antiquated relic adding columns is as easy as hitting "CTRL +". Any hope?

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just switched to on-line and we write custom proposals. Templates too confining. Need ability to adjust everything. Tried Import template, but it will not stay true through process. All looks good on upload but preview after information is entered on estimate has missing information and no row/column borders. WOW QB... this can't be rocket science to fix... let's get it done! Maybe get some pointers from DIVI theme by Elegant Themes guys on Wordpress.org... their modules and ability to customize them rocks! Thanks!

We've moved from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online and made full use of both custom invoices and statements in the desktop version. We have some customers who pay via direct debit and it helped stop confusion by being able to add specific information, especially to statements (i.e. This statement is only for info - payment will be made by Direct Debit).

It definitely feels like a backwards step when moving over to QBO.

We have setup a custom invoice template by import a .docx document but it is very time consuming to make one that looks good with everything lining up. The very limited fonts available doesn't help - we initially setup one with various fonts and then found out the list of fonts supported buried in the setup guide. I can't really see the reason why these are so limited.

A drag and drop version would be much better where you could place any images, fields or text within the template - something modelled on the drag and drop editors used in MailChimp, Constant Contact etc. would be great.

The template editor on Quickbooks desktop isn't very user friendly but at least it does allow you to put together a template that just about looks like what you want it to.

• ShaunaShauna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to customize (or choose more than just one format) the date on the invoice templates so that it is written out. Eg. Nov 10, 2016 vs 11/10/2016 . It is important that we have written as clients and the format is different depending on the country they are from. Thanks.

• PabloPablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Also should be able to Open and Close the invoice, like you can in Purchase orders.

• AnneAnne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Invoice No.] and [Full Name] are already available for invoices, could we please add [Description] and a few others? Perhaps have a list under Help that we can use. Thanks!

Signature capture on invoices is very important to most quickbook users. My sales people deliver flowers and they have to carry invoice pad. bring the signed receipts back and then someone have to reenter that invoice into quick books. on receiving side they do the same.

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful for LLCs to have a space to add a DBA name to the invoice.

The colours chosen when customizing the invoice should carry over to the statements

As a new user to QB Online I have found several issue of concern payroll not accepting certain names of cities and now I have just printed off the balance sheet and the font is so small you can't even read it and after trying to find out how to adjust I find out that this is not possible NO GOOD!!!!!

• Jenna AlvarezJenna Alvarez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there definitely needs to be a way to remove the accepted by and date it is so awkward and no line it just is there... I would rather have line items in my box field I can add then that. PLEASE REMOVE IT!!! :)

• Christine LiverpoolChristine Liverpool commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is essential to include a column that shows a direct relationship between credits used against invoice applied to. The lack of this feature is especially problematic when dealing with bigger vendore with multiple lines. The work around does not make QB efficient and that should be the aim here. This problem has existed and am sure reported, complained about for quite a few years and I beleive needs to be addressed with eminence.

• ParagonParagon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        It would be very helpful if we could adjust the height of rows on the invoices and sales receipts

• Jill ParisoJill Pariso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your donation receipts are awful. They should not include "BILL TO" which is an insult to the donor. Donors are not required to send us money! The "Total" line is redundant and people do not send more than 1 donation at a time (who would send 2 donation checks in an envelope to the same non-profit organization?) "Balance Due" makes no sense. They don't owe you any money! ... We need a separate Donor Templet that can be easy to edit. QUICKbooks has never been very non-profit friendly. Quickbooks Online even less.

But I would like to compliment the people that help us on the phone. They are very friendly, polite, and knowledgeable. And we don't have to wait a long time for someone to answer the phone. A big bonus is that you are hiring people in the USA and not outsourcing. Unfortunately, your program doesn't allow the needed editing of the templets.

The Braille Group of Buffalo

Give me a way to update our customized statement. The current statement has an old email address that is not valid and I can't figure out how to update it. Looks like there isn't an option to do so.

• InfoInfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It took 3 years to launch this simple feature. Dont hold your breath waiting for any new features. Still waiting on custom SMTP servers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base