• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

968 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brigitte Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also allow things to be printed better, i could print the payment pages when i made payments to a company so that they showed all of the details now they dont, and being is that is all i seem to be able to get its not helpful. need something like the expenses payment instead

• Lee Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO once you get to know it can be a great program, right now it's too constricted. We need to have the options as desktop does, to customize forms to what works best for us. The changes others have suggested for invoices are great, please also focus on Statements, my clients loved the statements that I sent out when we used desktop...I've stopped using them as QBO allow me to customize them to what works for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your import style from microsoft word does NOT upload well. I have spent 8+ hours trying to resize fields, separate tables, erase table lines, etc. It looks fine when I upload it and match fields, but when it shows me a final snapshot of the invoice, it is completely wrong and nothing like the invoice I uploaded. Terrible. I don't understand why you don't have a design page with the online version. Obviously I am not the only person who is very dissatisfied.

When you are doing it, Make sure you provide a way for the us to add any of the fields available for the customer file to the invoice area. We all need something different so we will all need something different. If you are going to make it customisable. Make it COMPLETELY customisable.

• Debbie and Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

5/18/17
        Font size is too small on invoices. Makes it difficult for our customers to read invoices sent to them for payment.
        Really is counter productive to receiving payments in a timely manner that are for correct amount as well. Reflects poorly as a business to our customers when they might have to read billing with a magnify glass.

• Gary Mills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back ability to change/edit Statement Form Header and Footer. Our statement form contains stale-dated header and footer comments that QBO "grabbed" when they moved to a new version and converted us, and now I can't change them -- makes Statements UNUSABLE!!.

I would like to be able to expand the customer address field. When I use a 12 point font my customer's addresses wrap around.

Need to be able to use the larger font and expand the field.

• Cassie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to request the ability to have multiple addresses listed on varying custom form styles. Right now if I change the address on one, it will change on all styles. I would prefer to have one location listed on one invoice, and another invoice template ready for a varying address.

• matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! We need a more customizable invoice for quick books online!

Especially with room for our sales order contract language in a footer/ full page addition

The computer based QuickBooks was so much more flexible. How come the online version cant be?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add the ability to add your own fonts, too? The 4 we have to chose from is extremely limiting. And the custom field idea is a must. Perhaps a WYSIWYG style editor can be used in the near future? Thanks!

• haiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is not friendly using for the sale receipts and customized form templates.
        Diffence company have diff requirement to use. if you could more or style and noted what we need will be the best. when sending sale receipts to a customer. hope this can be resolved soon

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to create MULTIPLE invoice TEMPLATES for MULTIPLE DBAs/branches of a single LLC. Please!!!!

I just want to be able to assign my own invoice numbers. I have followed the instructions (twice!), but QuickBooks Online in its infinite wisdom knows better than I do what number the invoice should have (note the dripping sarcasm).

• HINA MIRZA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought QB so it would make my life easy and give me more control juggling two businesses, however I'm not impressed. Maybe I'm more focused on one thing but they seriously need to have more flexibility to customising the invoice. I have a haulage company and my invoices can be very complex, therefore mean, more fields, more description. Currently we cannot add any columns and the current ones, we cannot change. No options to change size, colour, fields are all over the place, half the invoice is on one page and the other is on the other. I've been trying to upload my invoice and QB would not pick many fields let alone match them. At this rate I would rather stick to Word. QB need to sort this out ASAP.

• GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm honestly surprised that someone at Intuit, possibly a board member hasn't stumbled across this train wreck. They should have fired the entire team responsible for forms, templates, and everything else that is produced from QBO it's all crap, always has been. Can't edit packing slips, can't edit PO's, can't make invoices look decent, can't add simple things like a customers phone number, you name it...what an absolute mess...way to go Intuit!

Oh and stop branding my emails. I pay a premium price monthly, you should NOT be advertising on my emails, period.

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base