Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  QBO TeamAdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

906 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LauraLaura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

change number format on Estimate in the Rate column to show two decimal places for dollars and cents

• SBSB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to lock in the billing address for old invoices. Every time I update a billing address in the customer account info, it changes ALL my previous invoices. We need to keep this data for various reasons. I feel like this should be basic programming for an accounting program.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really wishing the statements would be included in the form styles you can modify!!!

• AudsterAudster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no really, adding the ability to display the customer's phone number on screen and print for estimates and invoices should be a no-brainer - this data is already in the customer info so what's the trouble here for a REASONABLE and, dare I say it, defacto standard expectation.

HOW LONG???

• MeridithMeridith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need customer phone number to be a mappable field on an imported invoice style. It's totally inconceivable to me that it is not on the list.

As great as the quickbooks brand may be, I don't believe it's any of my clients business knowing what accounting solution I use, and thus, I want to remove the QB advertising from invoices. Also I believe it's counter intuitive to my business - selling QB accounting software in my line of work. So, in the invoice email that's sent I'd like to change the email address it's sent from, remove the QB logo, and copyright info. And then, also when the client hits 'view invoice', I want to remove to the QB sign in section at the top.

The Intuit Logo seems really hokey... listen just charge an extra $10 a year to remove the freaking Inuit Logo... it's not your customer... its ours.

• DhalsimDhalsim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to add a background image across the whole invoice would be great. This would allow people to add design anywhere on the page. Also, change the colour of text in different fields. For example, change the footer text to Blue etc.

• FeatherFeather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Line Numbers need to be able to be printed out on quotes and invoices. We are creating double invoices (one in QB and one in Excel) so that we can bill our government contracts. All of the government contracts send P.O.'s with line numbers, and if the quote or invoice does not match exactly (including line numbers) they will reject the invoice. QB shows the line numbers on the screen, but they don't print out. This should not be a difficult change for QB to make -- the numbers are already there -- they just need to be included in the preview/print. PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE -- i'm doing double work on very large (50 plus items per) invoices.

Add the net worth graph back in like the old version. It allowed year over year analysis that this new force fed online version lacks.

QuickBooks has remotely "redesigned" my vendor reports into a format I cannot use. Please restore my vendor reports back to its previous configuration.

Are statements available yet through the Import Form Style? I don't see it... I just moved over to QB Online and need to print my year end tax receipts.

• Chrisa AndersonChrisa Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I enter transactions after-the-fact for a lot of clients. I do NOT like that sales receipt templates cannot have a "past date"... I know it's Dec 10th... and yes, I DO want to start Nov 1st because I want to enter ALL of November.

• ArleneArlene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be very helpful to be able to have a BOLD KEY when added new customers and be able to change color or highlight specific information. I know this is a quick fix a simply box with this capability can be done. I have seen it on other applications. Please make this happen soon it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• CheriseCherise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I know some of our customer's names are long, but allowing us to make that decision on a case-by-case basis rather than having it decided for us would be helpful. Most of the time there is still room for the name without having to wrap it to the next line, and even have it fit in envelope windows. Making it wrap can cause an issue if there are extra address lines. I just tried to print an invoice, and because of this issue, the City, State, and Zip lines of my address were obscured by the bottom of the window on the envelope. My only option is to figure out how to make the customer name fit one line, or delete or reposition a part of the address. The post office will not deliver a letter if they cannot see/read the zip code.

• GlennGlenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have worked with Quickbooks for about 4 years , and each year around this time i prepare my corp taxes for the accountant.. Its the time of year i dread most as i have to come in contact with Quickbooks again. Ironically , product is created by Intuit , yet it remains the most un-intuitive product i've ever worked with. Here's my suggestion to Quickbooks and said creators ... throw in the towel, drop the product and cut my losses.

It is so incredibly frustrating to not be able to adjust row heights, etc. in Quickbooks Online. The beauty of Online is being able to use it anywhere you go. But this lack of adjustment is so incredibly frustrating. Have I mentioned that? Incredibly frustrating!!!!
        Not all invoices are one size fits all. :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base