Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  QBO TeamAdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

906 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an wholesale apparel company and need to have my. invoices have different line columns for sizes

example
        small. med. large. XL. XXL. XXXL

how can I do this?

• Craig SmithCraig Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to customize Purchase Orders just as much as the customizing of the sales transactions.

• PedroPedro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get also the ability to customize purchase order format? We cannot even add our SKU to a purchase order, so we depend on our vendor to understand what the description of the item is, instead of its part number. Anyway we can at least add the SKU to a purchase order PDF?
        Thank you,
        Pedro

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Invoice width in invoice style is terrible. No options for rearranging, changing fonts is difficult, can't move things around, and the allowable input width for an invoice is just too narrow and impractical. This is not rocket science; you can do everything in Publisher. QuickBooks on line needs to improve on this. And for some reason, I do not have "import" styles as on opton on my QB on line...why?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current options for customizing the invoice and receipt templates. do not work for our business. We cannot adjust the size of our logo, move the tables or customize as we could before in our desktop version of Quickbooks. We are re-thinking the value of moving to the on-line version. NOT a happy customer.

• Dallin SmithDallin Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want these abilities in the import styles form option:

1. Hide content if nothing is entered. For example, I don't want to show a discount row in my totals if no discount is entered. I don't want to show an empty space for ship via and tracking number if I don't put in shipping info on that specific invoice. It would be nice if next to each custom field I could click a button to say to hide the cell, row, column, or table if this field is empty.

2. Have optional default values if nothing is entered. For example, if there are no taxes, I'd like to put $0.00 rather than just have an empty space on my form.

3. Alter what the billing/shipping address looks like. I really want to use the Display Name As field rather than the Company field in the billing and shipping addresses because I use the Company field as an account number. Alternatively, you could just add account numbers for customers (which it's pretty ridiculous that they aren't there anyway). I also would probably prefer to not have the customer first and last name at the top either.

• MavMav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More fonts required, at least most of the standard ones in Word. We have clients that like specific fonts. Calibri and Gill Sans are the two main ones.

I don't know why but the built in fonts, although fine when using in a word processor, come out garish on a printout from Quickbooks.

Also, when a quote or estimate spans more than one page, the total should appear at the bottom of the page, not halfway down. Looks very silly.

• David RenwickDavid Renwick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CALL 800-488-7330
        Your company ID is located under:

Gear Icon in the top right hand corner -> Account and Settings -> Billing & Subscription.

Don't waste your time with the support agents, they have agreed with me in the past that we are right, and there is nothing they can do to help with a majority of the concerns of this thread.
        I believe this is the top voted concern on this entire forum, and as I previously posted, the last QBO comment was in 2015.
        Did I mention that they are raising their prices?
        Ask for a manager.

Yes,
        I just got off the phone...Call customer support and ask for a manager. Then, give them hell. It is the best way to have your voice heard, as this forum hardly works. I filled a thread out in detail about column width adjustments, only to be notified today via email that
        "While we are constantly evolving our products to provide you the best possible user experience, we do not anticipate a change to this product behavior in the immediate future"
        This is bullshit.
        Oh, and guess what, they raised their rates too!!!
        Yes, I've been a customer since the very beginning. Now, I don't have the freedom to invest in alternative software. They have me over the barrel, and I'm pissed.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, the vast majority of us are stuck since we've waited so long hoping there will be change. Years have passed and they continue to take our money but provide no useful updates....

Do yourself a favor and leave early and don't look back.
        Wish someone gave me this advice years ago.

• ODOD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This QBO Team admin comment is from TWO YEARS AGO. Have we not gotten anywhere in TWO YEARS? I just migrated our file from Desktop to QBO, only to discover that you can't customize columns and fields like you can on the Desktop version. The QBO Templates are not able to show all the data that our customers require so I cannot use QBO. Please fix this ASAP. I will be looking elsewhere for a solution in the meantime.

• MelMel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waste of time trying to invoice with these templates, can't enter nearly enough info

• Lori CoffeyLori Coffey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to total the quantity column in the invoice, sales receipt, and other like forms. We sell a small number of multiple products, and to have to pull out a calculator is cumbersome.

• Donna BuschDonna Busch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I signed up today and I find it absolutely un-believable the Sales/invoice structure! How un-professional! 4 "templates" to choose from that are simply un-usable! This is basic QBO

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They never read these.
        The last response we saw was 7/02/15.
        Don't know why people even bother (me for that matter) taking the time to post.

If you want real change, you'll have to call in and complain.
        If, IF everyone here did that and threatened to leave QBO then and only then would we see any changes.......

Hello,
        Ugg....after spending 2+ hours on the phone with Tech Support, I am sad to say, that all of my complaints from the last 2 years of being a plus subscriber still have not been fixed. (Actually I've been a subscriber of plus since the beginning of QBO), but the issues I struggle with come from your "roll outs" of new options, which usually tend to just create more nightmares that they solve....very dissapointed customer...used to be satisfied because I thought that my concerns would eventually be addressed, but after 5ish years, I'm really feeling frustrated.
        -FIX THE DAMN COLUMN problem on invoices. I DO NOT NEED HALF A PAGE OF SPACE TO INDICATE A QUANTITY VALUE,
        AND THREE WORDS
        OF COLUMN SPACE
        TO DESCRIBE MY
        PRODUCT. IF YOU
        WERE A PROFFESIO
        NAL BUSINESS, HOW
        WOULD YOU FEEL
        SENDING INVOICE
        S TO CLIENTS THA
        T LOOK LIKE THIS!
        !!@!!@!!!@!@@#(&(%$&_#*)%*#)*%$#)$%*){ YOU.
        SO SICK OF THIS
        &$*%(*.
        NO, I'M NOT REC
        OMMENDING QB
        O TO ANYONE
        EVER AGAIN, AN
        D MAY GO BACK
        TO DESKTOP.
        GOT DAMMIT
        WHAT A WASTE
        OF THOUSANDS
        OF DOLLARS AND
        YEARS OF MY EFF
        ORTS.
        I DON'T CARE AB
        OUT SOME STUPID
        INTERFACE IMPOV
        EMENTS, FIX WHA
        T MATTERS. MY AC
        COUNTANT HATES
        QBO TOO, AND THA
        T SAYS SOME
        THING.

• Brigitte PalmerBrigitte Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also allow things to be printed better, i could print the payment pages when i made payments to a company so that they showed all of the details now they dont, and being is that is all i seem to be able to get its not helpful. need something like the expenses payment instead

• Lee AnnLee Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO once you get to know it can be a great program, right now it's too constricted. We need to have the options as desktop does, to customize forms to what works best for us. The changes others have suggested for invoices are great, please also focus on Statements, my clients loved the statements that I sent out when we used desktop...I've stopped using them as QBO allow me to customize them to what works for us.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46

Feedback and Knowledge Base