• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

977 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this thread started over 5 YEARS ago, and customization is so limited. Worst worst worst. Insulting to your paying customers. Unconscionable.

• GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Intuit gives ZERO s#*ts about you or anyone else. They have many millions of subscribers giving them boatloads of money that they use to pay thier board and investors. Please do yourself a favor and find another solution. You're beating a dead horse if there ever was one. They'll get passed up by another SaaS provider soon enough...

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no word? We really need customizable sales receipts! Again, it is so tacky to have "Bill to" and "Balance due" on a donor receipt.

This is making not just me unhappy, but all of our very important donors unhappy. They like to see that each sales receipts says "no goods or services were provided in exchange for this donation." With the current form, you cannot add this wherever you want on the form, and you cannot remove "Balance due" at the bottom. Also, you cannot make this a default setting either. It always returns to the awful sales receipt template. Please fix!

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if different custom form styles could have different content. They're not really that 'custom' if you can't change the content to be different on different styles.

Some people in this world are starting to become unhappy with the way Quickbooks online takes forever with getting things done. Very disappointing. I shall take my books elsewhere. :(

Let’s all plan to call intuit everyday until they change this. It was so easy to change the layout and looks of a sales receipt. When someone donates, they do not like to see “balance due” at the bottom. We should be able to remove this.

Also, our window envelopes have a different opening that the 5 pre loaded templates can offer. I have 5000 envelopes that are useless now. I can order new ones, but why should I have to do that when a simpler solution would be for me to move the box around before I print it! Oh, how I wish I could.

Please spend 5 minutes during your work day, and turn the switch back to the way it was before and allowing us to import our own sales receipt. Please! I’m begging. Please do this before 2018 so I don’t have to use the old quickbooks version alongside the online version. It takes me twice as long to input donations.

How do you change font size on Invoice? My email address is broken on two lines and looks terrible.

• Linda Szalay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I updated to QB 2018 and now when I enter info on invoices, the font is thin and small and not easy to see. I need to be able to change the font to darker and larger. Can't find any answer for this issue

• Katrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be an option, if you have a lot of wording in your purchase orders it looks completely unprofessional

We can edit all the other ones, but not the purchase orders

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this suggestion, even though it received 6,453 votes, has been sent into Oblivion, totally forgotten by QuickBooks.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would say run while you can and don't look back.
        Those of us that held on hoping for change have not received any in years......

• Jens Demmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are so unhappy with the standard documents and the import feature for own styles. We are about to change just because of this.

• Nicolas Celle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe it's already mentioned in the other hundreds of comments, but you should also allow to group by more than just day/week/month/type.
        We need to be able to group by SKU or product name, or category at the very least.
        The docx import is buggy and doesn't work for us. I'm not sure why but no data is displayed. It wouldn't help with the grouping anyway...

• Tracey Dawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just moved from years of using another program only to find this "Customize" -
        if you call it that! so restrictive. Logos to small, our company name is longer than 30 spaces which means it wraps when using 12pts so shrink to smaller font - which looks ridiculously small. Oh hang on I can import from word, that "sounds" promising but no, matching data problems, graphics & lines don't work. This is a joke, if only I had read this community page before transferring all my previous data over. Thinking of going back to old program and paying double!! You better pull your finger our Quickbooks, we can cope with my customization we are not idiots!! Give us flexibility please - changeable fonts sizes in addresses, logo manipulation, heading alignments, font colours, footer placement, Tax code column...... - 6,442 votes for this to be changed, listen to your customers please

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been like this for years and Intuit would rather take our money each month and not provide any worthwhile updates.....

Unless everyone calls in repeatedly to express our dissatisfaction with the product nothing will ever change.

Last item posted:

7/2/15
        "Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway"

So it would seem they had at least one person on it. Maybe it was only for a day?

@Paula Johnson, I know what you mean. Especially when the only thing on the second page is the sales tax and total or just the total. I do not understand why they made the product code part of the description!

• GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO and it's form templates are the biggest joke ever. What a pile of crap they've given us to choose from or use. We've managed to make the .docx template work well enough, but even it took hours of tweaking to fit in a double window envelope, and have things list out properly. There are a handful of absolutely useless database fields that will NEVER show data. I bitched so much on FB that they blocked me. Never cursed, called anyone names, etc. Just very critical of the product we're paying for. My company is moving to ZOHO's suite of cloud apps. In our case we're going to use Zoho One. I'd suggest others dig in and look for alternatives too. QBO will continue to be half baked. Intuit is only concerned with it's board and investors. Zoho for instance is a privately held company, and has a very admirable way of hiring, fostering growth, and retention. www.zoho.com/aboutus.html
        I know what I'm doing 1/1/2018 and on...do you?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base