or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

1008 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're looking to maybe more our invoicing function on to Quickbooks, but there are a couple of snagging points:

- More font options would be good - none of the (4!) standard fonts are in line with our company's standardised documents;

- Ability to include a remittance advice with customer invoices. Our present format includes a tear off strip at the bottom of the invoice which the customer can use to return with their payment.

• David Hallaran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to put part numbers (SKU) into estimates or invoices...it's just as important as price information, quantities, totals, etc etc etc! I've created an invoice using import style and the SKU data does not populate onto the quotes or invoices I need to create.

• tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

spent 4 hours, multiple chat windows to see if there is a way to add a RUSH % between the Subtotal and the Tax field of an invoice ----- nothing... no love

• Lana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the 'Map your fields to Quickbooks fields' part of Import Style, the fileds are all over the place. Group the fields to make the selection process easier.
        e.g. 1) Invoice Number field is almost at the bottom. 2) Invoice line selections are nowhere near each other

Is there anyway to customize a customer statement to change it to a annual donor statement for charitable organizations which have to send out annual charity statements?

Can you please add the option to choose between different invoice forms? When I make a change to one, it changes all of them. I want to be able to create 3-4 different invoice styles for my company's needs.

• Rayman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 years later and still can't import docx for credit notes and statements. Absolutely pathetic.

I do not find QBO to be user friendly at all. I find the invoice and estimate templates to be inferior. We rely on the SKU numbers and cannot change column order. I would like the SKU number to be beside the description of product. I spent hours on the phone with a rep and hours on my own just to find out this was not possible.

I do not find QBO user friendly at all.

I

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not going to get fixed by posting here.
        They simply don't read these posts.

You need to call in and get this escalated to get the attention it needs.
        I've done this, but everyone else also needs to.

Otherwise it's falling on deaf ears.

This seems such a fundamental problem to solve.
        I will move an alternative system if is not fixed since the invoice generated is not customer friendly - having a massive bold font invoice total implies late payment

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to that.
        We pay three times more than the desktop version and get quite a bit less.
        A support rep even agreed with me.

I like many others was tempted by being on the most currently updated version of the software.

Where are the friggin updates!

It is unbelievable how little Intuit cares about us. I wanted out of QB Desktop because it was so stale and hadn't had any REAL updates or changes in years, so I thought going to the "online" edition would have upgrades...

Nope was completely wrong. This is 50% less of the standard features and options that the Desktop Pro edition has. You can't even customize the invoices for God's sake!

I found a work-around for this. At the bottom of every Estimate I have put the following:

PLEASE IGNORE THE "Accepted By" AND "Accepted Date" FIELDS. QBO HAS BEEN ASKED TO REMOVE THEM SINCE 2015, BUT CANNOT BE BOTHERED! UNLIKE QBO WE VALUE AND LISTEN TO OUR CUSTOMERS.

Please fix this, it is making my switch from Desktop Pro to Online a very big headache. Why can you not add simple "fillable" text boxes, or move the shipping box location so that it won't show in windowed envelopes next to Bill To... etc, etc. Cannot believe this is 2018.

I agree that "The .docx solution is a joke". It is horrible. It does not handle all the different scenarios like tax/no tax, discount/no discount, multi-currency, etc.

If you want to see online invoice templates done right, look at Zoho. Their templates are very flexible and easy to alter.

For me, all I really want to do is remove the "Accepted By" and "Accepted Date" from the bottom of the estimate. These have no business being there and users have been requesting these to be removed since 2014.

Why not add a footer section where users can type this text, or anything else if they want it?

• Anne-Marie Murch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh dear dear QB... how you left us hanging. You made a promise WAY back in July 2015. In your promise you promised that you staffed this feature and are making headway. REALLY? Are you complete because if you say you are done then this is my time to step away from QB and consider another alternative like Xero Dashboard. We already stopped using your payroll. Honestly your templates are horrible and print badly. YOU CAN'T modify them! Seriously you can't! Why don't you try and modify and tell me how that works for you. Oh I forgot you don't use your own product to invoice...I clearly hate this part of the product. You are such liars!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base