• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminQBO Team (Admin, QuickBooks Online) responded  · 

Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway.

Right now, we have two versions of form customization running in parallel. In our newest one, we just released a beta of style import, wherein you can bring any *.docx based invoice template and use it in QuickBooks. You may access this feature by going to the gear, then clicking “QuickBooks Labs” > “Import Style.” Not on this version? We are moving people every month and enabling you to keep your old form too! Your default will change to start, but you can always revert to a frozen version of your old form without editing capabilities if you’d like.

Lately we’ve been working on the print infrastructure to ensure you can print larger batches and render PDFs faster, invoice layout alignment, column width handling, and lots of your other requests.

Next we will set our sights on supporting more forms (like statements) and expanding the import capabilities.

Your feedback helps us prioritize what to do next. I hope this gives some transparency into what the team is working on. Thanks for your patience and keep the feedback coming!​​

968 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Linda Szalay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I updated to QB 2018 and now when I enter info on invoices, the font is thin and small and not easy to see. I need to be able to change the font to darker and larger. Can't find any answer for this issue

• Katrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be an option, if you have a lot of wording in your purchase orders it looks completely unprofessional

We can edit all the other ones, but not the purchase orders

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this suggestion, even though it received 6,453 votes, has been sent into Oblivion, totally forgotten by QuickBooks.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would say run while you can and don't look back.
        Those of us that held on hoping for change have not received any in years......

• Jens Demmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are so unhappy with the standard documents and the import feature for own styles. We are about to change just because of this.

• Nicolas Celle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe it's already mentioned in the other hundreds of comments, but you should also allow to group by more than just day/week/month/type.
        We need to be able to group by SKU or product name, or category at the very least.
        The docx import is buggy and doesn't work for us. I'm not sure why but no data is displayed. It wouldn't help with the grouping anyway...

• Tracey Dawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just moved from years of using another program only to find this "Customize" -
        if you call it that! so restrictive. Logos to small, our company name is longer than 30 spaces which means it wraps when using 12pts so shrink to smaller font - which looks ridiculously small. Oh hang on I can import from word, that "sounds" promising but no, matching data problems, graphics & lines don't work. This is a joke, if only I had read this community page before transferring all my previous data over. Thinking of going back to old program and paying double!! You better pull your finger our Quickbooks, we can cope with my customization we are not idiots!! Give us flexibility please - changeable fonts sizes in addresses, logo manipulation, heading alignments, font colours, footer placement, Tax code column...... - 6,442 votes for this to be changed, listen to your customers please

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been like this for years and Intuit would rather take our money each month and not provide any worthwhile updates.....

Unless everyone calls in repeatedly to express our dissatisfaction with the product nothing will ever change.

Last item posted:

7/2/15
        "Thank you so much for your feedback on sales form customization in QuickBooks. We acknowledge that we have a ways to go, but we’ve staffed this feature and are making headway"

So it would seem they had at least one person on it. Maybe it was only for a day?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Paula Johnson, I know what you mean. Especially when the only thing on the second page is the sales tax and total or just the total. I do not understand why they made the product code part of the description!

• GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO and it's form templates are the biggest joke ever. What a pile of crap they've given us to choose from or use. We've managed to make the .docx template work well enough, but even it took hours of tweaking to fit in a double window envelope, and have things list out properly. There are a handful of absolutely useless database fields that will NEVER show data. I bitched so much on FB that they blocked me. Never cursed, called anyone names, etc. Just very critical of the product we're paying for. My company is moving to ZOHO's suite of cloud apps. In our case we're going to use Zoho One. I'd suggest others dig in and look for alternatives too. QBO will continue to be half baked. Intuit is only concerned with it's board and investors. Zoho for instance is a privately held company, and has a very admirable way of hiring, fostering growth, and retention. www.zoho.com/aboutus.html
        I know what I'm doing 1/1/2018 and on...do you?

To all who want the classic invoice template back - it is not going to happen.

According to IntuitGiefril, QBOnline can no longer get those classic invoices and estimate forms back. You will just have to migrate to the new ones or use a workaround with Microsoft Word.

I told her what crappy invoices/estimates that QBO had. They are the most unprofessional piece of crap there is. What kind of programmer/designer thinks that putting the subtotal and sales tax on one page and the total on another page is a good idea!! Evidently one who has never sent them to his customers!!

• Jeff Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the classic invoice templete. It should be one of the many invoice options we can choose. We mail our invoices unfolded in a large 9 x 12 envelope with a window on the front that allows the bill to address on the classic invoice to show through. The new templetes do no fit correctly. I have 100's of these envelopes that I ordered that are now very hard to use.

Please bring back the classic template. I can understand that people wanted options but why take away the format that many people were using and were pleased with. It has taken numerous hours to make the new templates usable and there are still some features that are missing.

- Ability to customize font size in certain sections
        - Invoice numbers on every page as a footer
        - Invoice total does not show only balance due.

The templates offered do not appear professional, they lack polish.

Again, please add the classic template back!

Bring back the classic template! As it stands now, I have both invoices and estimates where the subtotal and tax are on one page and the total is on another page. Also, what happened to the column for the product code? Why is it now part of the description on a separate line? I now have invoices and estimates that should only be one page long going over to two pages - this is wasteful and looks stupid!! Especially when all that is on the second page is either the sales tax and total or just the total!!

We need to be able to import a sale receipt template from a Words Document just like we can in regards to invoices and estimates.

No responses from QBO admins since 2015, seriously???

C'mon QBO Team. Over 6K users including Canadian Users want this. Why the extreme delays? Are you even listening, eh?

I agree these templates look and operate horribly now that Classic template was removed! i've already spend hours and hours in share screen with QBs only to be told that i'm right and things aren't working correctly.
        They don't print out and fit correct in Intuits Invoice window envelopes .. purchased by them.. you can't edit to correct for that.
        All old past invoices auto defaulted to a new template altering what i've already submitted to my clients
        Except for fresh template all the others bunch together and it's hard to distinguish billable items. Classic has bullet points for each item
        Templates have huge amounts of unsightly blocks of color.
        Neither standard or custom imported invoices list a INVOICE TOTAL when a payment is applied - just PAYMENT then BALANCE DUE - so clients now have to add those together I suppose?!?
        Page numbers gone - Continued on next page gone - just randomly ends on the page.

There are many issues with CUSTOM imported as well
        You can't import 2 pages sooo your Description / Activity/Amount etc header does NOT go to page 2, 3 etc.
        Invoice subtotal/total is not mapable - if a payment is applied it won't give you an invoice total just stays blank and gives you Payment & Balance Due if you map them.

Custom Fields print out even if left blank so you have random fields that stay on the form... can't use the Gear on the invoice to Remove fields on a custom invoice

I can go on....

This has made invoicing professionally impossible for my department this week. NONE of these templates work for us nor do we want them representing our brand - granted Classic wasn't a work of art BUT IT WORKED!

CLASSIC TEMPLATE should be able to remain even if you are rolling out alternatives.... why make so many people unhappy?!?

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These invoice templates are embarrassing. No way I can send these invoices out to a client. Xero keeps looking better and better to me.

You really need to get these invoices sorted. They currently look unprofessional and to be honest, I am embarrassed to be issuing them to my clients. We need to be able to manipulate font size, location, put lines on the pages. Come on Quickbooks. This is basic stuff.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Transaction

Feedback and Knowledge Base