I suggest you ...

IP Restriction

A Chara,
Having a cloud version is a great addition to your product offering, the coud have many advantages including but not limited to

a) remote access
b) no need to upgrade, constantly on latest version
c) removing/reducing need for user to backup.

However, while I am aware of the user restricitons / rights that can be set, I am looking for an extra security feature which does not currently exist to the best of my knowledge.

This security feature could be added and left disabled unless a user decides to activate it so it causes no problems to anyone not interested in it.

I am looking to enable IP restriction, some would say this flys in the face of the cloud and the mobility it brings.

However we only want certain (mainly junior) staff logging in from their work computer which is on a public static IP, currently they could use their credentials on any device, anywhere.

We would like to add a range of IPs as well as a box for each user's profile to enforce/not enforce the IP restriction, if they are enforced for the user account that tries to login they must be coming from the static IP, if not enforced, they can login from any IP.

I believe this adds value in terms of security without inconveniencing other users.

Thanks
Ciaran

130 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ciaran Mac Annraoi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...