I suggest you ...

Customizable Homepage Dashboard Screen

It would be nice to have a customizable dashboard homepage where actual users get to pick what they need to see and which navigation buttons they use the most to the homepage screen. At this point, it's Intuit hard-wired homepage dashboard even on privacy mode. Many business owners saying when they're sitting next to their customers and creating transactions, they're not interested in sharing profit or loss, expenses, bank accounts, income, and sales chart.

What they like to see the most on the homepage screen:

1) To do list
2) One click favorite reports
3) One click invoicing
4) One click write check
5) Tasks reminder (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
6) Recent activities (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
7) Create your own design enhancement features.
8) Completely wipe out current graphs and bank accounts.
9) Block marketing tips
10) Sign out from the home page

Let's make QBO dashboard customizable and actually useful. Thanks!

1,251 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VPController shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

256 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kp hahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very well stated. i would add a calendar with a reminder system.

Even an option for a new field that can be used to document a current reminder about the customer. The field could be filled in per customer as needed and the report would pull up all customers with a comment.

• WSMikey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add customizable widgets - KPI reviews, sales by items reports, YOY comps, cash balance charts etc

• James Hood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using QBOL for a guitar repair service business but needs to be streamlined a bit more so transactions are much quicker. it would be nice to have a calendar or at the least a custom field that will accept a completed date.

• Jay Hochstetler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a non-profit, the items on the dashboard homepage make no sense: Profit & Loss and Sales are unnecessary. Why can't this be customized (another issue we run into is trying to "fit" the account type and detail types that you have pre-determined that don't fit us.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just please make this customizable. Everyone asks for different things, we need options. I would love to be able to hide the sales reporting, for instance, because it doesn't work for me. Having employees listed would be helpful too for payroll.

• Harold Harkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those of us who access QBO primarily to enter time, having a direct link to clients/customers would save a step and make it easier to enter billable time.

Your new Banking sidebar in QBO is VERY Confusing. I've had many clients assume that is where they can go to see the register, which you can't without clicking view register. The Bankfeed stuff should not be front and center there, the register should.

I really do need Customers on my dashboard. One more time I find myself digging around just to change a customer's email address or other detail. It was so easy before this new modification.

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While we're at it, can we make the sales chart useful? Like, maybe exclude cash brought in to balance sheet accounts. That house purchase that flowed through the trust account isn't a "sale."

• Jeff Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have the Customers (Clients) link on the Dashboard back. I don't understand why they changed that.

• Donna Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a calendar that I can set up to remind my clients when they need to take care of items.

Donna Moore

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Homepage

Feedback and Knowledge Base