I suggest you ...

Customizable Homepage Dashboard Screen

It would be nice to have a customizable dashboard homepage where actual users get to pick what they need to see and which navigation buttons they use the most to the homepage screen. At this point, it's Intuit hard-wired homepage dashboard even on privacy mode. Many business owners saying when they're sitting next to their customers and creating transactions, they're not interested in sharing profit or loss, expenses, bank accounts, income, and sales chart.

What they like to see the most on the homepage screen:

1) To do list
2) One click favorite reports
3) One click invoicing
4) One click write check
5) Tasks reminder (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
6) Recent activities (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
7) Create your own design enhancement features.
8) Completely wipe out current graphs and bank accounts.
9) Block marketing tips
10) Sign out from the home page

Let's make QBO dashboard customizable and actually useful. Thanks!

1,251 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VPController shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

256 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Barb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You DO NOT APPEAR TO EVER LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO PAY YOU AND KEEP YOU IN BUSINESS. Would be a GREAT Idea to Start !!! PUT Customers back into quick links. I could care less about Sales being there. If I want sales, I'll get it. We are ACTIVE with our Customers every minute and what quick access. You've gone up on Monthly Fees and you are not making "improvements" to the site that we users don't want . Also it would be great if you coded the program to automatically place the decimal point. How difficult is that ???? also enter to move ...not TAB.... LISTEN TO THE USERS !!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

even this comment screen too me away from my main screen with no direct link back. QB online appears to be designed without any true UserX feedback.

I need to be able to customize my dashboard. I will never recommend QB online to anyone with a small business. These changes slow down my productivity every time they are made.

Ageing Receivables is my go to report - would love that to come up up automatically on the Dashboard

Half of the information on my dashboard is irrelevant to me. I'd like to see the ability to add bills, etc.

• John B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each company should be able to configure Dashboard to show the information that is most important and/or urgent to their business — for instance, showing imminent or past-due bills.

Each organization should be able to customize QBO dashboard to suit their needs. One size does not fit all. My organization does not use invoices or sales.

• Paul Argiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to having "CUTSTOMERS" as a Dashboard title? I don't want to have to click on "Sales" to get to my customers.

• Cherylle A Morrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this comment. "Many business owners saying when they're sitting next to their customers and creating transactions, they're not interested in sharing profit or loss, expenses, bank accounts, income, and sales chart."

• Amber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed! A customizable dashboard would be pleasing and lower the level of frustration I experience having to navigate through the program to get the information I want. The recent update tripled my click and wait time.

Yes, please let QBO users customize our dashboards! As a tool that is meant to be used collaboratively, the lack of customization (and forecasting capabilities) in QBO makes it difficult for us to look at and analyze our critical business metrics because we're all looking at reports that don't speak to our real underlying problems. We need to be able to customize our homescreen dashboard, and see changes in realtime.

Please allow us to create a customized dashboard! The only thing I look at on that page is bank accounts. It doesn't even list all bank registers, just the ones that are linked to a bank for automatic upload.

• Wes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My business isn't heavily reliant upon invoices, and what I consider to be income and expenses isn't exactly in line with QB (fees earned is profit, not gross revenue, and some "expenses" are balanced by revenue). When can we customize the dashboard?

• Jon Conroy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to pick my customer from the time i get on. when a customer calls and you have to take 20 mins to find your customers is not right. I will be leaving QD if they don't make it better.

• Clarissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see upcoming Bills that are due, outstanding checks along with upcoming invoices due so that I can see a daily/weekly/monthly look ahead on business finances as a dashboard feature.

Please either allow for a comstumizable dashboard or bring back the old one. This one is not user friendly. I need to be able to easily get to my customers and vendors. Reminders would be very helpfull as well

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Homepage

Feedback and Knowledge Base