I suggest you ...

Customizable Homepage Dashboard Screen

It would be nice to have a customizable dashboard homepage where actual users get to pick what they need to see and which navigation buttons they use the most to the homepage screen. At this point, it's Intuit hard-wired homepage dashboard even on privacy mode. Many business owners saying when they're sitting next to their customers and creating transactions, they're not interested in sharing profit or loss, expenses, bank accounts, income, and sales chart.

What they like to see the most on the homepage screen:

1) To do list
2) One click favorite reports
3) One click invoicing
4) One click write check
5) Tasks reminder (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
6) Recent activities (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
7) Create your own design enhancement features.
8) Completely wipe out current graphs and bank accounts.
9) Block marketing tips
10) Sign out from the home page

Let's make QBO dashboard customizable and actually useful. Thanks!

1,542 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VPController shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

303 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Beooke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove "Bank" accounts from homepage dashboard view.
        I have several bank accounts with zero balance that are still needed to just to sync my 3rd party apps to post transactions into QBO. I know that I can re-order them around but 6 bank accounts are just clutter.
        I want to remove or hide from the dashboard screen.

• Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to change the ridiculous home page. I do not want to show all that information where anyone can see it.

• Lazaro Torres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got off with a very helpful customer service representative. The profit and loss on the homepage does not match the profit and loss report. Dates have been matched, customer service confirmed this. The representative said there is a new feature that accrues for "potential income" (open invoices that have not been paid). The representative said there isn't a way to turn off the new feature.

This new feature is very inconveinent because it does not reflect an accurate amount of profit/loss. Invoices go unpaid...invoices are paid late, so the "potential income" from an invoice should not automatically be added into a profit.

We enjoyed the feature of looking at the home screen and gathering accurate information about profit and loss instead of having to run a daily report.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to customize certain reports and accounts to show on the homepage dashboard.

On dashboard screen, Profit and Loss chart only shows "This Year" which is the calendar year, not financial year.
        It's very confusing! This got to be the extremely simple thing to fix but very important.

Also, "Sales" line chart link should land to one specific report exactly the same way the Profit and Loss chart goes to one specific report.
        Currently, it lands to All Reports which is no man's landing page. Could this simply land to "Sales by Customer Summary" report which seems like the source of the data page?

• Julie C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love a HomePage that doesn't have the annoying and inaccurate "Tasks" on it. If I could just move them to the bottom, I would be happy!!
        If you need an idea of what to put there-- business building or positive quotes that are inspirational in these down times!

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if my financial year is not a calendar year? Do I have a chance to use any information from my Home page? What does it mean Last Year for me? Why do you think it is beneficial for me to have information from last 365 days? Did you really think about it when you have started to work on Home page project? I believe you did not!

there are times when you do not want items on the home page. if you have simple start you only have one user and basically everything shows on the home page and people can turn the privacy on and off at will; However, if we were able to simply remove items from the home screen we wouldn't need the privacy option.

I'd like the ability to customize the home page charts and add lists like the last quarters transactions.

Allow us to customize home page - i.e. show sales for the year by month vs last year by month...etc. show cash vs accrual

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Homepage

Feedback and Knowledge Base