I suggest you ...

Customizable Homepage Dashboard Screen

It would be nice to have a customizable dashboard homepage where actual users get to pick what they need to see and which navigation buttons they use the most to the homepage screen. At this point, it's Intuit hard-wired homepage dashboard even on privacy mode. Many business owners saying when they're sitting next to their customers and creating transactions, they're not interested in sharing profit or loss, expenses, bank accounts, income, and sales chart.

What they like to see the most on the homepage screen:

1) To do list
2) One click favorite reports
3) One click invoicing
4) One click write check
5) Tasks reminder (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
6) Recent activities (this used to be on old homepage, gone now)
7) Create your own design enhancement features.
8) Completely wipe out current graphs and bank accounts.
9) Block marketing tips
10) Sign out from the home page

Let's make QBO dashboard customizable and actually useful. Thanks!

676 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VPController shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

193 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like what I can see on the dashboard, but there are some features we don't use and it would be nice to remove them from the dashboard. It would also be nice to remove the checking/savings accounts we no longer use.

• Marissa Simoneau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this needs to be prioritize in the next update- were currently paying for additional services for payments and invoicing that cause an awful mess in our quickbooks account and cost us tons of money each month to fix just because of the simple dashboard issue. this should be a privacy setting or something. why would an employee need to see total company sales?

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option is available on other versions of QB. Why isn't it offered here? This needs to happen!

• Amanda Conley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us additional control over the dashboard. My clients need to know what upcoming bills they have as well as upcoming receivables by specific client. This would be much more valuable. My clients need forecasting tools to better plan their cash flows.

This would be great to have more control with what shows up on the homepage - dashboard. Our company does not have a high volume of invoicing for sales, so we do not need to see the sales box, but in other companies i work with they are high invoicing and need this feature. thank you!

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to be able to remove certain bank accounts from the list on the home page dashboard, but keep these accounts in the chart of accounts.

• Ken Bates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our income is not reflected by invoicing activity but rather by cash received/deposited. We need a way to reflect cash receipts as income on the dashboard...since we're basically on a cash and not an accrual system.

• MYS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! YES!

"Let's make QBO dashboard customizable and actually useful. Thanks!"

• LeesaLD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see the tasks reminders that were on desktop on dashboard. That saved me so many times in the past from being late on my tax payments. Also would just like some flexibility in the dashboard like what was mentioned in previous comment.

• KristyB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like the ability to have one click invoicing, one click bill posting, one click favorite reports at least. The dashboard in QB was much more useful and customizeable than the QBO version. It makes doing the same tasks every day take much longer than needed.

• Marybeth Edgecomb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see outstanding bills as a tile on the dashboard. Then at a glance I can see how much we have outstanding in invoices, how much of that amount is actually going back out in bill payments, and how much is actual revenue for us!

I would like to see "services" instead of sales. I'd love to have a quick chart that shows profits and expenses for past 2 or 3 years.

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to customise my dashboard to see selected chart of accounts balances, bills to be paid & customers who are overdue. Please!?!?!?

put customer list back on top where easy to find, us small business owners don't have time to screw around finding stuff when customer is there waiting

• Scott StLouis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Taking Tenants (Customers) off of my dashboard was a horrid letdown. Didn't you bother to ASK anyone about this before making it "better"? Customizable dashboard is key here.

• Derrick Holland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it so the dashboard is customizable. It is incredibly difficult when you make changes to QBs Online after you get used to using it one way. I need to see exactly how much money I have in my accounts when I open QBs and now that is gone. Super frustrating!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Homepage

Feedback and Knowledge Base