I suggest you ...

Have a 'delivered' status for emailed invoices

We need a way of knowing if the customer has actually received the email invoice, so a delivered status where it says 'sent' rather than relying on it saying it's 'Sent' or 'Viewed' as not all customers click on the invoice link if the invoice is attached as a PDF.
Also a printed status for invoices that are only printed and not emailed.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    StacyStacy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. A customer has clients who have to pay 50% deposit before the work starts. They do not know if an invoice has not been received and sometimes loose the job because of this.

• JenJen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it would be helpful to know if emails have bounced, in particular. An 'undeliverable' status, and email notification, would be so useful!

• Lesley DeakLesley Deak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clients need to know if their invoices are not being received. It gets pretty embarrassing when you chase up money and they haven't even received the email.
        This is a pretty basic requirement, but urgently needed for sales to run smoothly.

• Cathy SperringCathy Sperring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delivered status is urgently required. I find I am chasing overdue payments from customers whose invoice shows as being sent but they did not receive due to an incorrect email address being entered.

• Kevin SmithKevin Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, if my sent invoice is forwarded unopened to a colleague in the organisation, my status is sent and not viewed, The invoice is viewed by another colleague, and i do not see this. A delivered option would help

Feedback and Knowledge Base