I suggest you ...

Enhance VAT Reports and Detail Reports for UK Customers

UK Can you please create a VAT report version that lists each VAT type transaction with the description of the transaction as entered by the user? Currently, the VAT report lists just the journal number rather than the VAT transactions within the particular journal. So right now, if you want to have the report list each VAT transaction in the detail vat report, one has to create a a journal for each vat transaction. So if I have 100 VAT transactions in a day, I have to create 100 journals. This is not efficient. I should b able to use just one journal

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    abbcuk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • enquiries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Transaction Report customisation - can include 'VAT column' and 'Net column' but no 'Gross column'. Net column is simply a repeat of standard 'Amount' column so of little use. A 'Gross' column would give additional info that you don't have to calculate manually.

• Barry Foxley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An shortcut option to select reports dates via VAT quarter as this can be different to Calendar Quarter and Financial Quarter. Having Quarter 1 - 4 would be useful too.

• Liz Cottrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a memo/description box on the VAT detail report so they are presentable to a VAT inspector. The current reports have no facility to show what the expense is and therefore it also makes reviewing that VAT return for completeness before filing is difficult.

• Tamsin Bunt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you need to enable more options within the customization element of reports, such as bringing in all the filter options - I currently need to recreate reports which were memorised on the desktop version of QB's but am unable to as I can't filter by VAT code. You already have quite a few filter options, would including the VAT code filter option be a relatively simple process?

• mariagrazia peraboni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very useful to have a report with the full list of clients/suppliers including their VAT number.
        Or better, the VAT report should include this field in the columns (selectable)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Include 'Attachment Y/N' or 'No. of attachments' as a column option for reports. For example, when you run the VAT return report, you can easily see if any transactions are missing attachments.

• enquiries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A percentage column in the VAT detail report so that one can easily see any transactions with unusual VAT %s. This would be a really useful feature to check there are no input errors.

• JS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow a 'memo' column to be added to the VAT detail report in customisations.

I am unable to check that the included transactions are correct as I don't know what they are. I am currently exporting all transactions to excel to complete my VAT return. I should be using quick books for that.

• Cath Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The VAT reporting in QBOL is AWFUL! There doesn't seem to be a report that corresponds to the 'prepare VAT screen, to include the exception amount. If you try and print that window, it cuts off the figures part way across the page.

Also, when you run a VAT report, it gives you financial or calendar quarter options, rather then VAT quarter options for the dates, which is useless.

VAT set-up for Ireland

Please include the relevant reports for VAT returns in Ireland. Also, in the Tax Centre, please allow for VAT categories to be deleted or at least hidden.

Thanks

An ECSL reporting function would be very helpful, not just a list of invoices from Box 8 of the VAT return.
        Thanks

Can you please create a VAT report version that lists each VAT type transaction with the description of the transaction as entered by the user? Currently, the VAT report lists just the journal number rather than the VAT transactions within the particular journal. So right now, if you want to have the report list each VAT transaction in the detail vat report, one has to create a a journal for each vat transaction. So if I have 100 VAT transactions in a day, I have to create 100 journals. This is not efficient. I should b able to use just one journal

Please can you add extra fields on the AR and AP reports to show VAT amounts, exchange rates, Foreign balances. In fact all the fields that are available on the stand alone QB that are very helpful.

Vat 100 report format is absolutely appalling... The boxes are unclear, it is easy to make a mistake while filing. New design is urgently needed!

• ianwade1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I switched from a desktop version of QB to the online version about three months ago.

I have been trying to file my VAT for the last quarter ending September. However there were two discrepancies that I found on the VAT report. Firstly the income line does not agree with the income line from my profit and loss. The difference is explained by the offsetting charges made by my customer which happens every month. These are shown on my invoices so that what my customer pays into my bank account tallies. On my profit and loss these appear under the correct headings as expenses but do not appear on my vat report as purchases. Secondly my bank charges have not been included on my vat report as purchases even though they are on my profit and loss. So these two errors both understate my income and my purchases on my vat return.

I called in to the help line and was told that these are because there is no vat charge on these items then they do not appear on the vat report (yet my insurances, which also have no vat, do)?????

I think the VAT people may take issue with the way QB online deals with these items so perhaps it would be worthwhile fixing these errors before the VAT people start complaining.

Everything worked fine in my desktop version so it should be the same for the online version too.

Would it be possible to have a section at the bottom of balance sheet/R&P accounts which shows

Bank balance - X
        ---------------------------------------------------
        Held as:

Cash in Hand: X
        VAT due/payable X/(X)
        -------------
        Total

This would assist people in easily seeing what their balance is less the VAT that is payable (but currently sat in the account)

• ricodebbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When preparing to submit an EU Sales Report, it would be helpful for the customers VAT number to appear on the report along with the customers name. Am I missing something or is this not within the capability of the program...?

← Previous 1

QuickBooks Online Feature Requests: Sales Tax Center

Feedback and Knowledge Base