I suggest you ...

Receive partial PO's

The ability to receive a partial Purchase order and the remaining balance on the PO remains open. The only way to receive partial now is to delete the back ordered items and create a new PO

1,201 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the capabilities to apply multiple invoices to a single PO... so much so it almost defeats the purpose of doing a PO without this feature. I'm adding votes to this one! It is very common in my industry for vendors to ship items on PO separately either due to keeping invoicing separate for drop ships, back orders, etc. This really needs to happen soon!

• DauneDaune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My frustration is growing with regards to this issue. Why were we able to do this in the desktop version by not online? This should be a standard capability/feature within QuickBooks Online. So many companies use the purchase order feature (not to mention that I am paying for the PO option). When will this be fixed?

• GRRRRRRRR!GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Topic suggestion was added nearly 3 years ago....

QBO you're asleep at the wheel, and you don't care for your paying subscribers. nearly THREE years and no acknowledgement whatsoever.

FYI ZohoBooks has this functionality. They also do the less than desireable "BILL" as the inventory receiving mechanism, however when you verify the quantity of items received from a PO as you create the bill, any line item's quantity is less than the amount on the PO and the PO is marked as "partial" and remains open. Further allowing for better management of partial receivings of ordered goods.

WOW, what a concept.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should be able to enter a vendor bill for partial items on a purchase order.
        Right now if I order 500 items but only receive a bill for 450 (with bill of 50 to follow) the PO closes once I enter the bill for 450.
        I'd like the PO to remain open until all items have been received.

This is so frustrating. We are a services business that did this using QB Premier without issue. Now we have no way of managing our vendors with QBO.

We issue Purchase Orders for services for some of our subcontractors, say $10000 for X hours at Y rate. Then as we use them, they bill us. So one week we may get an invoice for $1000, one week $500.

There is no way for me to apply a bill against a PO while leaving the PO open, and track available amount remaining on PO.

This is a fundamental feature missing that is standard with any business accounting system, and needs to be accelerated on the roadmap as it impacts our business.

• staceystacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this to be standard, so that we can partially receive orders and have the remaining amount pending.

• christinechristine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable that this is not standard. Thank goodness I only signed up for the free trial and found out now; I will have to get the desktop!! I would not be able to run my business efficiently without this function that should be STANDARD!! Who in the world designed this??

• miguelitoaeimiguelitoaei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check list on POs to note which items have arrived and which items have not. (Items on back order)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also need place to put person who the purchase order was given too. Receiving ticket number and date received. Companies do not always use the same number on receiving tickets and invoices nor do they always bill the material was delivered.

Critical fix is needed for this ASAP! It should have definitely been a standard feature. Please implement as the current process is SO cumbersome and inefficient. Come on QB! Partially received PO's is common business practice.

This is an absolute necessity in my business. I need the purchase order to remain open and to show how many items are still on order. Please make this change asap!!!

Purchase orders do not remain open if you only use part of the purchase order....

For example;
        I have ordered 3 x telephones but I have been sent and invoiced for 2 as 1 is waiting for stock to arrive.
        If I use 2 out of 3 on the purchase order it closes the purchase order and doesn't leave a remaining balance of 1...

We are paying more for using QB Online than the desktop versions and yet the facilities available are decreasing unless we want to pay extra for an app - disgusting!

The QB Online system of handling receiving on Purchase Orders is utterly ridiculous! There are MANY times that purchase orders are NOT received in full and backorders are outstanding(and could be outstanding for a couple of months). To have to receive a PO in full and then delete items off the bill and then have to re-enter onto a new PO(with same# as original)with an add-on # or letter is double, triple, quadruple the work(depending on how large the PO is and how many backorders there remain each time something comes in and you are billed)! Definitely NOT cost effective for an employer as makes for a time consuming process for the bookkeeping staff!
        QB Online needs to get this resolved so that Purchase Orders can be received partially and have a resolution to this problem taken care of quickly as this is VERY frustrating!!

There should be some means of Receiving (and Checking Off) Line Item by Line Item those items Received vs. those that are still undelivered to improved accountability for Materials on Hand and those that are not yet received.

A Work-Around would be individual P.O.s with one Item ONLY per Purchase Order, which seems ludicrous to have to do this when purchasing from the same supplier/ vendor and when multiple line items are available to add to a single P.O. and why should we have to create a totally separate P.O.?

• Improved Accountability for Materials On Hand.
        • Improved Vision into those items still “Open”.
        • Most correct way to prevent Premature Invoice Payment when Items are Un-Received.

Thanks,
        QB On-Line User,

• mcvickchicmcvickchic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very cumbersome to manually track partially filled POs - and MOST of our orders are not shipped at one time, so this is a problem! We need to be able to partially receive items from POs, rather than receiving the WHOLE PO or nothing at all in QBO!

Feedback and Knowledge Base