I suggest you ...

Receive partial PO's

The ability to receive a partial Purchase order and the remaining balance on the PO remains open. The only way to receive partial now is to delete the back ordered items and create a new PO

1,198 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • lindamichelmanlindamichelman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AB online needs a feature to enable a partial receipt of a purchase order. This is a basic concept that needs to be addressed.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are dozens of same requests scattered over other suggestions. If QB team will combine them they will see how important it is to its clients.

Obviously it is absurd that we can overpay on bills from vendors since we have no control of knowing if we were billed for the item without a tedious task of checking prior invoices. For companies that have significant amount of items on PO and receive few shipments for the same PO it will take hours to check the data.

No response from QB team for 4 years really shows how they care about the voting system and their customers.

If over 795 votes do not count as cry for help then I don't know what does.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

be able to receive a partial shipment against a PO and have the PO stay OPEN for remainder of shipment.

• GRRRRRRRR!GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This topic was posted in 2012...does anyone here honestly think the QBO team will ever consider this or the other major topics??? It's not happeneing. They don't even actively monitor the posts here. QBO team has their own agenda. This feature request site is only a place to vent frustrations.
        So, either move on, find another service, or make your voice heard by complaining at every point of contact. I started on Facebook, then eventually ended up at Intuit corporate relations, etc. I have spent countless hours of my life beating into them over social media, their top tier support, emails between engineers....nothing helps. They are very minimally interested in the few accounts they can't serve well. They are simply interested in gaining as many subscriptions as possible, knowing only a minute number of subscribers will find issue with the features. So, move on, or find an app to help. It's been nearly 4 years, they're NOT going to bring this functionality to the service.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will just add my voice to this issue - We need to be able to backorder items not receive d on a purchase order. As it is now, we have to copy the original purchase order, add a 1, 2, or 3 to the end of the PO # to show how many times items have been backordered on the original PO, note the original purchase orders receiving ticket number and date received as well as the receiving ticket # and dates for each backorder. There are multiple steps doing this and there has to be a better way.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute must and has been a hardship for us in our day to day activities working with "work around" band-aids to the issue.

This is definitely required. We frequently only part-receive purchase orders, and with the desktop version this was easy to deal with, as only the open items would appear when entering a bill. Quickbooks Online seems to close purchase orders when there are clearly some items back-ordered.
        Please have this option added!

Often, only some of the items listed on a supplier PO are received on a bill. It would be useful if, as with the desktop version of Quickbooks, if some items are already received, they do not show up on that PO when adding the next bill.

• Joseph DuzgunJoseph Duzgun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for any company who's reselling goods purchased from vendors with or without a service. Another great feature QB desktop has the online doesn't. Please expedite it. Thanks

• alisonalison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please develop purchase orders to provide something more useful than is currently available. Key priorities would be:
        * Ability to edit PO templates as can be done for sales invoices
        * Ability to record when items are received with a delivery date and delivery note reference
        * Ability to record partial receipt of items/multiple delivery notes against a PO
        * Ability to match line items on a PO against supplier invoices so that multiple supplier invoices can be tracked against a PO

Wow. Just started using QBO today as inventory tracking was listed as a feature. There is no inventory tracking if: 1) partial receipts on POs cannot be made without closing the PO. 2) Open PO report has no quantity 3) PO number is not indicated when entering a single invoice that bills against more than one PO. When will inventory tracking actually be a feature. Please stop advertising that it is.

• MelanieMelanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all these comments. It is extremely inefficient for me to have to copy each purchase order in order to create a bill for items received and keep the po open for those items I am still waiting for. This should be a given feature to keep for the online version.

• LauraLaura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CREATE A WAY TO RECEIVE ONLY A PARTIAL INVOICE AND BE ABLE TO SHOW BACK ORDERED ITEMS WITHOUT MODIFYING THE ORIGINAL PO.

I also need the feature to apply multiple invoices to a single PO. A feature which I used regularly on the desktop. Why is it no longer available on the online version?

• PatPat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree with these comments. I suggest you put someone on your design team that actually runs a business. I'm hoping after the May data password fiasco, you have some open headcount

Feedback and Knowledge Base