I suggest you ...

Receive partial PO's

The ability to receive a partial Purchase order and the remaining balance on the PO remains open. The only way to receive partial now is to delete the back ordered items and create a new PO

1,198 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make Purchase Orders easier by allowing you to mark what was received on a bill received and leave the remaining purchase order with the back ordered items available to use with a second bill.

• Ryan JarusRyan Jarus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is highly important. I have many clients who are handling PO's manually and wasting tons of time. It would be so much better if they could issue PO's out of QBO.

• JanetJanet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under QBO, you can receive in partial orders; however, it closes the purchase order and does not keep track of backorders. When you reopen the purchase order to receive in the backorder, the current system will allow you to receive in all of the previously received items once again, duplicating inventory receipts. It would be extremely helpful if QBO were updated to allow for backorders, and only allow backordered items to be received in once an initial receipt has been entered.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently QBO only allow full receipt of items on a PO. However in the real world often not all the items on a PO are delivered at the same time.

On partial fulfilment the supplier will only invoice for the items delivered. Then will invoice again when the items on backorder are eventually supplied. This mean there are 2 invoices associated with the 1 PO.

Presently once a PO is assigned to an invoice it is marked as closed whether all the items have been received or not ie it does not provide for partial receipt of goods.

What we are requesting is that QBO allows individual items from the PO to be assigned to a supplier invoice and that the PO remains open until all goods are received so that the remaining items can be assigned to the next supplier invoice once received.

This is pretty basic to the operations of all business.

• GRRRRRRRR!GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Official QBO quick reference guide:

(Q) Can I do xxxxxxxxxxxxx in QBO?

(A) NO, you must be crazy. QBO is nothing even remotely close to QB desktop. Please simply bang head against nearest wall incessantly.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wait, I can't receive a partial PO? That was going to be a fun surprise down the line. ALSO, I CANNOT ORDER A BUNDLE on a PO? We kit items with manufacturers and where I could add a Group item to a PO on the desktop version we really need this function in QBO, also.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly, but, the biggest issue I have with the QBO purchase orders is that each time a do a new PO, I have to clear the lines of the last PO I did for that vendor. What a mess when I have a large order and forget to do it.

• HowardHoward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just expected this to exist on QBO like on Desktop. Was very disappointed when I created my first purchase order it just feels like they gave up half way through and didn't bother finishing the purchase order segment of QBO.

• Peter GeigerPeter Geiger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to have the ability to receive items against a purchase order. This would allow me to track how much of the purchase order amount has been received.

This feature is available in the traditional Quickbooks programs, but does not appear to be a feature of Quickbooks Online.

• Carolyn Prieto, MBACarolyn Prieto, MBA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree! I have clients that need to receive against a PO multiple times and they are very frustrated about this problem. I've suggested work-arounds for them but it proves too cumbersome for their workflow. Intuit PLEASE add this functionality (just like receiving multiple payments for an invoice).

• GRRRRRRRR!GRRRRRRRR! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zohobooks + Zoho Inventory is the best cloud solution on the market currently. Blows away anything QBO. QBO is a subscription generating revenue source, it will never be good for accounting, period. All Intuit wants is $$$$ Unless your clients have extremely basic needs, stay clear of QBO. It's getting left in the dust. Check out ZOHOBOOKS, it's not perfect but much closer to a usable product than QBO ever will be. Specifically, it lacks payroll. A third party payroll solution is still better than Intuit's payroll robbery service.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the way the business works, and it is fundamental to an efficient accounting system. I've just moved my first client to QBO and embarrassingly I have to tell them that this feature is not available. Not a good start for me, especially if I now lose the client. Obviously this will affect my decision on moving additional clients to QBO.

There are a lot of unhappy punters on the Xero site, as they also want this feature. I guess whoever implements it first stands to pick up a reasonable amount of new business.

• Richard MendenhallRichard Mendenhall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like the question of receiving a partial PO is an old request going back to 2012 will there be a fix or do we need to change to another option?

• Debbie KmetDebbie Kmet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to use POs to track partial billings and not having to create a second or third version of the original PO.

Feedback and Knowledge Base